Dallas’ Goss-Michael Foundation (GMF) recently announced the appointment of Michael Mazurek as its new director. Mazurek is an active Dallas artist and co-founder of the DB/Dallas Biennial series, and was originally appointed curator at GMF in January 2015. His new role as director will involve, via the foundation: “…contributing to the non-profit’s overall strategy while continuing to oversee curation and the care of the Goss-Michael Collection.”
Mazurek has also been an essential part of the GMF’s upcoming relocation within the Design District; in addition to coordinating the move, Mazurek has designed the foundation’s new space.
also by Glasstire
- Craft Artists: Houston's Center for Contemporary Craft Wants You! - January 22nd, 2017
- Today, January 21: a Concert in Houston & Butt Prints in San Antonio - January 21st, 2017
- Trump Plans to (quickly) Kill the National Endowment for the Arts (and of course most other cultural programs) - January 19th, 2017
- Top Five: January 19, 2017 - January 19th, 2017
- A Whopper of an Artwork for Your Inauguration Day - January 18th, 2017