Dallas’ Goss-Michael Foundation (GMF) recently announced the appointment of Michael Mazurek as its new director. Mazurek is an active Dallas artist and co-founder of the DB/Dallas Biennial series, and was originally appointed curator at GMF in January 2015. His new role as director will involve, via the foundation: “…contributing to the non-profit’s overall strategy while continuing to oversee curation and the care of the Goss-Michael Collection.”
Mazurek has also been an essential part of the GMF’s upcoming relocation within the Design District; in addition to coordinating the move, Mazurek has designed the foundation’s new space.
also by Glasstire
- Art Dirt 8: Sex Robots, Scaramucci's Mark Twain Tweet, When Artists' Ideas Are Stolen - July 23rd, 2017
- Discovery Green & Houston First Commission work by Dallas Collective - July 23rd, 2017
- Installation Art Gone Wrong: Creepy Realtor Headshot Edition - July 22nd, 2017
- City of Houston Wants Artists for its New Residency - July 21st, 2017
- Glasstire Top Five: July 20, 2017 - July 20th, 2017