This weekend, the Bayou City Art Festival is back at Houston’s Memorial Park with over 300 artists selling their art and crafts. Sometimes it’s a lot of fun to look at art under tents, while eating a funnel cake or drinking a warm beer. Unfortunately, the National Weather Service has already issued a Flash Flood Watch, starting noon today thru Sunday morning. If there’s a break in the weather, the festival takes place on Friday, April 29 from 11am to 6pm; Saturday, April 30 and Sunday, May 1 from 10am to 6pm.
(Or stay indoors at Rice University for Glasstire’s Off Road: WILLIAM WEGMAN on Saturday afternoon.)
also by Paula Newton
- What’s the Chinati Foundation Up To? - April 28th, 2017
- Filmmaker Jonathan Demme, 1944-2017 - April 27th, 2017
- What They Don’t Teach You in Art School - April 26th, 2017
- University Art Students: Sell Your Work On New Online Platform - April 25th, 2017
- Meow Wolf is Growing Bigger and May Come to Austin! - April 24th, 2017