This weekend, the Bayou City Art Festival is back at Houston’s Memorial Park with over 300 artists selling their art and crafts. Sometimes it’s a lot of fun to look at art under tents, while eating a funnel cake or drinking a warm beer. Unfortunately, the National Weather Service has already issued a Flash Flood Watch, starting noon today thru Sunday morning. If there’s a break in the weather, the festival takes place on Friday, April 29 from 11am to 6pm; Saturday, April 30 and Sunday, May 1 from 10am to 6pm.
(Or stay indoors at Rice University for Glasstire’s Off Road: WILLIAM WEGMAN on Saturday afternoon.)
also by Paula Newton
- Dessert Before Dinner: Houston Couple Pledges Entire Show to MFAH - January 16th, 2017
- Mixed Responses to Call for Artist Trump Protests - January 13th, 2017
- Party! Come Congratulate the Idea Fund Grantees - January 12th, 2017
- Phillip Johnson and "Kitty Porn" - January 10th, 2017
- Houston Curator Receives Warhol Foundation Grant - January 9th, 2017