This weekend, the Bayou City Art Festival is back at Houston’s Memorial Park with over 300 artists selling their art and crafts. Sometimes it’s a lot of fun to look at art under tents, while eating a funnel cake or drinking a warm beer. Unfortunately, the National Weather Service has already issued a Flash Flood Watch, starting noon today thru Sunday morning. If there’s a break in the weather, the festival takes place on Friday, April 29 from 11am to 6pm; Saturday, April 30 and Sunday, May 1 from 10am to 6pm.
(Or stay indoors at Rice University for Glasstire’s Off Road: WILLIAM WEGMAN on Saturday afternoon.)
also by Paula Newton
- John Glenn (1921-2016) - December 9th, 2016
- Architects’ Pigs Could Fly in Just in Time for Trump Proposals - December 8th, 2016
- ALH Artists Inspire Latest Version of Debtfair at Whitney Biennial - December 7th, 2016
- Judd Foundation Releases More Judd Writings - December 2nd, 2016
- And Speaking of Space - December 1st, 2016