This weekend, the Bayou City Art Festival is back at Houston’s Memorial Park with over 300 artists selling their art and crafts. Sometimes it’s a lot of fun to look at art under tents, while eating a funnel cake or drinking a warm beer. Unfortunately, the National Weather Service has already issued a Flash Flood Watch, starting noon today thru Sunday morning. If there’s a break in the weather, the festival takes place on Friday, April 29 from 11am to 6pm; Saturday, April 30 and Sunday, May 1 from 10am to 6pm.
(Or stay indoors at Rice University for Glasstire’s Off Road: WILLIAM WEGMAN on Saturday afternoon.)
also by Paula Newton
- Houston Joins the Anti-Confederate Monument Movement - August 18th, 2017
- Artists: It’s Time to Run for Office! - August 17th, 2017
- Film Nerds: a Happy Hour Just for You! - August 16th, 2017
- Find the Art Historical References in “Alien: Covenant” - August 15th, 2017
- UPDATE: Doggy Art a Great Success! - August 14th, 2017