This weekend, the Bayou City Art Festival is back at Houston’s Memorial Park with over 300 artists selling their art and crafts. Sometimes it’s a lot of fun to look at art under tents, while eating a funnel cake or drinking a warm beer. Unfortunately, the National Weather Service has already issued a Flash Flood Watch, starting noon today thru Sunday morning. If there’s a break in the weather, the festival takes place on Friday, April 29 from 11am to 6pm; Saturday, April 30 and Sunday, May 1 from 10am to 6pm.
(Or stay indoors at Rice University for Glasstire’s Off Road: WILLIAM WEGMAN on Saturday afternoon.)
also by Paula Newton
- Contemporary Art Museum Plainview Trying to Get Ready to Open - June 28th, 2017
- And the Houston Artist Town Halls Keep Coming! (This One has a Panel, a Performance, Cops, and Beer) - June 27th, 2017
- Houston Mayor Calls on Artists to Make a Place - June 26th, 2017
- Denton’s Paul Voertman, 1929-2017 - June 23rd, 2017
- Homo Artists Unite! - June 22nd, 2017