Prince was not a visual artist, but he was certainly visual. And pure artist.
Prince Rogers Nelson, 57, died yesterday, April 21, after he was found unresponsive in an elevator at his studios in Minnesota. An autopsy investigating the circumstances surrounding his death is scheduled for later today.
The untimely death of the singer-songwriter, multi-instrumentalist, record producer, actor, and film director has left many speechless, so we simply post this 1980 Robert Mapplethorpe portrait and join in the grief.
also by Paula Newton
- UH College of the Arts Will Change Its Name After $20M Gift - January 19th, 2017
- Amy Poehler Buys Film Rights to Houston HS Teacher’s Book - January 18th, 2017
- Texas Medal of Arts Announces 2017 Honorees - January 17th, 2017
- Dessert Before Dinner: Houston Couple Pledges Entire Show to MFAH - January 16th, 2017
- Mixed Responses to Call for Artist Trump Protests - January 13th, 2017