In conjunction with the current exhibition at Project Row Houses, Charge (Jennie Ash and Carrie Schneider) is hosting a two-day presentation of Re-Charge: A Nap Around the Table by Houston-based artist (and recent Top 5 guest star) Emily Sloan. Sloan first exhibited Napping Affects Performance (NAP) at Art League Houston in May 2010—since then, she founded the Southern Naptist Convention, performed naptisms, and has dedicated her life to going to sleep.
This weekend’s program is designed to provide something so rare and precious in our media-filled world: a place to step away from devices, close your eyes, and sleep your fears away. While Charge will provide eye coverings, earplugs, and cots, BYO yoga mats and sleeping bags are welcome. If you feel like reliving your childhood, Dannie Walker will be singing lullabies today, April 16, at 2pm.
Additionally, on April 17 at 12:30pm, Satmitar Khalsa will host a “gong bath,” presumably bathing participants with sound to cleanse their souls of bad spirits (or, maybe not. Does anyone know the purpose of a gong bath?)
also by Glasstire
- Trenton Doyle Hancock's Texas Artist of the Year Exhibition Relocated to Former Rice Gallery - September 19th, 2017
- Google Launches Huge Archive of Latino Art - September 16th, 2017
- This and That: Yes, They're Men - September 16th, 2017
- John Biggers Mural in Houston Damaged by Hurricane Harvey - September 16th, 2017
- 3rd Annual Art Walk West is in Dallas Tomorrow - September 15th, 2017