Art Alliance Austin has announced some of the transitions and highlights from its upcoming Art City Austin festival (in its 66th year now and originally called Fiesta). This year it takes place Friday, April 29 through Sunday, May 1, and has moved to the Palmer Event Center.
The Art City Fair is a new part of the weekend’s programming, and it looks to be shaping up to be much like… an art fair. Not only will local artists, artist-run spaces and non-profits have a booth presence there, but commercial Texas galleries are joining in. Some names on the list so far (via Art Alliance Austin): Circuit12 Contemporary (Dallas), Hello Studio (San Antonio), Yvonamor Palix Fine Art (Houston), Muir Gallery (Houston), CAMIBAart, POP Austin, Big Medium, Flatbed Press & Gallery, Deborah Argyropoulos, The Public Trust (Dallas), Beef Haus (Dallas), Jeff Scott, Todd Sanders, Roadhouse Relics, Sandi Steward, Rebecca Bennett, Robin Roberts-Walker, Inner Lite Art, YARD DOG, and Co-Lab. More names are being added as we type this.
There are a lot of events during this festival, including a special vodka-ish opening reception on Friday, and live music throughout the weekend. “The following artists have been announced to perform: Barbara Nesbitt, Barfield, Dan Dyer, Eric Tessmer, Hard Proof Afrobeat, Jonathan Terrell, Jackie Venson, Sarah Sharp, Tameca Jones, Warren Hood, Water & Rust, Zeale and more special guests to be announced.”
For far more info, please go here.
also by Glasstire
- Apply for DiverseWorks' 2017 Diverse Discourse Studio Visit Program - February 26th, 2017
- Houston Artist Nestor Topchy Wins National Reuse Contest - February 25th, 2017
- Texas Artist Develops Genius (and fun) New Art App for Your Phone - February 24th, 2017
- DO NOT Miss Lionel Maunz's Talk At SMU Next Week - February 23rd, 2017
- Top Five: February 23, 2017 - February 23rd, 2017