It took forever, but semigloss. Magazine’s latest issue, SOUND finally came out last December and celebrated its release at the Contemporary Arts Museum Houston. This was followed by the “semigloss. Sound Release” at the Nasher Sculpture Center in February. On Wednesday, March 30 at 5:30pm, the Suzanne Deal Booth Centennial Pavilion at the James Turrell skyspace (6100 Main Street, Houston) will present a “Listening Event” of the SOUND issue. Over a year and a half in the making, we can only assume semigloss. is going to keep this on the road for as long as possible.
Editor-in-Chief Sally Glass and Art Director Bradly Brown will make remarks, along with artists Peter Lucas and Sharon Turner. Free with RSVP to firstname.lastname@example.org.
also by Paula Newton
- Film Nerds: a Happy Hour Just for You! - August 16th, 2017
- Find the Art Historical References in “Alien: Covenant” - August 15th, 2017
- UPDATE: Doggy Art a Great Success! - August 14th, 2017
- Getting Sweaty at the Museum - August 11th, 2017
- Tape Art Comes to the Panhandle - August 10th, 2017