Houston’s East End Studio Gallery is holding its 11th annual Frida Festival, celebrating the life of artist Frida Kahlo. The gallery has sent out a call for entries (of all artistic media) for a group show with a deadline of April1st.
But the headliner(s) of the exhibition will be the Frida look-alike contest that will take place at the opening on Friday, April 8 at 8pm. And, since the kids have been getting better and better at the competition, they will have their own contest at the exhibition closing on Friday, April 22 at 7:30pm. Otherwise the gallery is open by appointment only.
also by Paula Newton
- Sedrick Huckaby Receives SMU's Moss/Chumley Award - January 20th, 2017
- UH College of the Arts Will Change Its Name After $20M Gift - January 19th, 2017
- Amy Poehler Buys Film Rights to Houston HS Teacher’s Book - January 18th, 2017
- Texas Medal of Arts Announces 2017 Honorees - January 17th, 2017
- Dessert Before Dinner: Houston Couple Pledges Entire Show to MFAH - January 16th, 2017