Houston’s East End Studio Gallery is holding its 11th annual Frida Festival, celebrating the life of artist Frida Kahlo. The gallery has sent out a call for entries (of all artistic media) for a group show with a deadline of April1st.
But the headliner(s) of the exhibition will be the Frida look-alike contest that will take place at the opening on Friday, April 8 at 8pm. And, since the kids have been getting better and better at the competition, they will have their own contest at the exhibition closing on Friday, April 22 at 7:30pm. Otherwise the gallery is open by appointment only.
also by Paula Newton
- ALH Artists Inspire Latest Version of Debtfair at Whitney Biennial - December 7th, 2016
- Judd Foundation Releases More Judd Writings - December 2nd, 2016
- And Speaking of Space - December 1st, 2016
- SXSW+Art! - November 30th, 2016
- Artists: Join the Space Poop Challenge! - November 29th, 2016