Houston’s East End Studio Gallery is holding its 11th annual Frida Festival, celebrating the life of artist Frida Kahlo. The gallery has sent out a call for entries (of all artistic media) for a group show with a deadline of April1st.
But the headliner(s) of the exhibition will be the Frida look-alike contest that will take place at the opening on Friday, April 8 at 8pm. And, since the kids have been getting better and better at the competition, they will have their own contest at the exhibition closing on Friday, April 22 at 7:30pm. Otherwise the gallery is open by appointment only.
also by Paula Newton
- Artists and Collectors to Show off their Weird Houston Homes - September 23rd, 2016
- It May Be Too Late, but this Group is Set to Save East Austin Art - September 22nd, 2016
- Check out Islamic Art in Houston! - September 20th, 2016
- Performance Art: Could be Awful, Could be Fantastic - September 19th, 2016
- Austin’s EAST Announces Participating Artists - September 16th, 2016