Houston’s East End Studio Gallery is holding its 11th annual Frida Festival, celebrating the life of artist Frida Kahlo. The gallery has sent out a call for entries (of all artistic media) for a group show with a deadline of April1st.
But the headliner(s) of the exhibition will be the Frida look-alike contest that will take place at the opening on Friday, April 8 at 8pm. And, since the kids have been getting better and better at the competition, they will have their own contest at the exhibition closing on Friday, April 22 at 7:30pm. Otherwise the gallery is open by appointment only.
also by Paula Newton
- Oregon May Have Outdone Texas’ CowParade - September 22nd, 2017
- MFAH: New Position, New Curator - September 21st, 2017
- Bastrop Art Center Near Completion - September 20th, 2017
- Neo-Nazi Posters Found Plastered Around UH Campus - September 19th, 2017
- Arts Orgs Impacted by Harvey Must Attend Meeting to Apply for FEMA - September 18th, 2017