Houston’s East End Studio Gallery is holding its 11th annual Frida Festival, celebrating the life of artist Frida Kahlo. The gallery has sent out a call for entries (of all artistic media) for a group show with a deadline of April1st.
But the headliner(s) of the exhibition will be the Frida look-alike contest that will take place at the opening on Friday, April 8 at 8pm. And, since the kids have been getting better and better at the competition, they will have their own contest at the exhibition closing on Friday, April 22 at 7:30pm. Otherwise the gallery is open by appointment only.
also by Paula Newton
- Sugar Land Teen Wins Big Time Film Award - July 21st, 2017
- House for Sale Goes Viral: Art Project? - July 20th, 2017
- First Texas Latino Comic Con is Coming to Dallas - July 19th, 2017
- Grafitti Now Attracts the Genteel Crowd - July 18th, 2017
- Funeral Home Gets into the Installation Art Biz - July 17th, 2017