The four 2016/2017 residents for San Antonio’s Blue Star Contemporary‘s fourth annual Berlin residency have been announced. Jesse Amado, Christie Blizard, Joey Fauerso, and Anne Wallace will each have three-month stints at Künstlerhaus Bethanien. Blue Star is its exclusive U.S. partner. All the artists chosen must reside in Bexar County.
This is a full-blown residency with all the bells and whistles right in the middle of the Berlin scene: studio space, living space, access to workshops, exhibition options, and lots of visits from art professionals, etc.
As usual, following their residencies, the artists will show some of the work produced in Berlin or inspired by their time in Berlin at Blue Star.
For more info, go here.
also by Glasstire
- February 18: Artists Talks in Houston & 20+ Openings in Dallas - February 18th, 2017
- Michael Peranteau to Step Down from Art League Houston - February 17th, 2017
- A $2 Million Gift for Upcoming Museum in Dallas - February 16th, 2017
- Top Five: February 16, 2017 with Ana Fernandez - February 16th, 2017
- MFAH Announces its Jewish Film Festival Schedule - February 15th, 2017