It should be a compliment to Texas (but it’s not) that the Minneapolis Institute of Art (MIA) has hired the assistant curator of contemporary art at the Dallas Museum of Art (DMA) only two weeks after it poached the associate curator of photography at the Museum of Fine Arts, Houston (MFAH).
Gabriel Ritter (pictured above) will head the MIA’s contemporary art department and Yasufumi Nakamori will be in charge of its photography and new media department. Both will assume their positions in May. Ritter has been at the DMA since 2012 and Nakamori has been at the MFAH since 2008.
also by Paula Newton
- Sedrick Huckaby Receives SMU's Moss/Chumley Award - January 20th, 2017
- UH College of the Arts Will Change Its Name After $20M Gift - January 19th, 2017
- Amy Poehler Buys Film Rights to Houston HS Teacher’s Book - January 18th, 2017
- Texas Medal of Arts Announces 2017 Honorees - January 17th, 2017
- Dessert Before Dinner: Houston Couple Pledges Entire Show to MFAH - January 16th, 2017