It should be a compliment to Texas (but it’s not) that the Minneapolis Institute of Art (MIA) has hired the assistant curator of contemporary art at the Dallas Museum of Art (DMA) only two weeks after it poached the associate curator of photography at the Museum of Fine Arts, Houston (MFAH).
Gabriel Ritter (pictured above) will head the MIA’s contemporary art department and Yasufumi Nakamori will be in charge of its photography and new media department. Both will assume their positions in May. Ritter has been at the DMA since 2012 and Nakamori has been at the MFAH since 2008.
also by Paula Newton
- Sugar Land Teen Wins Big Time Film Award - July 21st, 2017
- House for Sale Goes Viral: Art Project? - July 20th, 2017
- First Texas Latino Comic Con is Coming to Dallas - July 19th, 2017
- Grafitti Now Attracts the Genteel Crowd - July 18th, 2017
- Funeral Home Gets into the Installation Art Biz - July 17th, 2017