It should be a compliment to Texas (but it’s not) that the Minneapolis Institute of Art (MIA) has hired the assistant curator of contemporary art at the Dallas Museum of Art (DMA) only two weeks after it poached the associate curator of photography at the Museum of Fine Arts, Houston (MFAH).
Gabriel Ritter (pictured above) will head the MIA’s contemporary art department and Yasufumi Nakamori will be in charge of its photography and new media department. Both will assume their positions in May. Ritter has been at the DMA since 2012 and Nakamori has been at the MFAH since 2008.
also by Paula Newton
- John Glenn (1921-2016) - December 9th, 2016
- Architects’ Pigs Could Fly in Just in Time for Trump Proposals - December 8th, 2016
- ALH Artists Inspire Latest Version of Debtfair at Whitney Biennial - December 7th, 2016
- Judd Foundation Releases More Judd Writings - December 2nd, 2016
- And Speaking of Space - December 1st, 2016