It should be a compliment to Texas (but it’s not) that the Minneapolis Institute of Art (MIA) has hired the assistant curator of contemporary art at the Dallas Museum of Art (DMA) only two weeks after it poached the associate curator of photography at the Museum of Fine Arts, Houston (MFAH).
Gabriel Ritter (pictured above) will head the MIA’s contemporary art department and Yasufumi Nakamori will be in charge of its photography and new media department. Both will assume their positions in May. Ritter has been at the DMA since 2012 and Nakamori has been at the MFAH since 2008.
also by Paula Newton
- This Week: Houston! Next Week: Marfa! - September 30th, 2016
- Houston’s Smither Park Officially (Re)Opens - September 29th, 2016
- Two Texans Make ArtPrize Shortlist! - September 27th, 2016
- Idea Fund Round 9: Deadline, Info, and Jurors - September 26th, 2016
- Artists and Collectors to Show off their Weird Houston Homes - September 23rd, 2016