Dallas’ Sanitation Services is issuing a call for artists to paint original artwork onto recycling dumpsters as part of their Art for Dumpsters project. Five artists will be selected to paint the dumpsters during the Deep Ellum Arts Festival. Each artist (or artist team) will receive $2,250, and $250 for supplies. (They’ll also buy lunch!) The best-in-show winner will be awarded an additional $1,500. Submissions are due by March 18. For more info, go here.
Leadership Houston and Houston Arts Alliance want artist proposals for three murals located at three roadway underpass sites: one in Fifth Ward, one in the Medical Center, and one in South Main/Sunnyside. Each of the three underpasses has an artist’s budget not to exceed $5,000. The deadline for proposals has been extended to March 18. For more info, go here.
also by Paula Newton
- Happy (Not My) President’s Day! - February 20th, 2017
- SXSE: Beaumont Is a Boomtown of Film & Music - February 17th, 2017
- How to Get A Studio and Stipend from Lawndale - February 16th, 2017
- Art Historian Picked for a Top National Security Advisor - February 15th, 2017
- Austin Has OUTsiders and No Idea! - February 14th, 2017