Amazon Studios has given a pilot order to I Love Dick, a half-hour comedy pilot directed and executive produced by Transparent creator Jill Soloway, according to Deadline.com. Based on Kris Kraus’ controversial 1997 novel I Love Dick, the story takes place in the “colorful academic community in Marfa, Texas.” We can’t imagine that they could recreate that which is Marfa by shooting anywhere else than Marfa.
From Deadline.com: “I Love Dick charts the unraveling of a marriage, the awakening of an artist and the reluctant deification of a man named Dick.” For more information on the novel/memoir and the upcoming pilot, read the piece in artnet News.
also by Paula Newton
- Austin’s Annual Art Bazaar Returns - November 24th, 2017
- Happy Thanksgiving! - November 23rd, 2017
- Austin’s Graffiti Park to Relocate - November 22nd, 2017
- Retooled S.A. Foundation Looking to Give $ to Local Artists - November 21st, 2017
- U.S. Tax Reform Does Not Look Good for the Arts - November 20th, 2017