Amazon Studios has given a pilot order to I Love Dick, a half-hour comedy pilot directed and executive produced by Transparent creator Jill Soloway, according to Deadline.com. Based on Kris Kraus’ controversial 1997 novel I Love Dick, the story takes place in the “colorful academic community in Marfa, Texas.” We can’t imagine that they could recreate that which is Marfa by shooting anywhere else than Marfa.
From Deadline.com: “I Love Dick charts the unraveling of a marriage, the awakening of an artist and the reluctant deification of a man named Dick.” For more information on the novel/memoir and the upcoming pilot, read the piece in artnet News.
also by Paula Newton
- Sedrick Huckaby Receives SMU's Moss/Chumley Award - January 20th, 2017
- UH College of the Arts Will Change Its Name After $20M Gift - January 19th, 2017
- Amy Poehler Buys Film Rights to Houston HS Teacher’s Book - January 18th, 2017
- Texas Medal of Arts Announces 2017 Honorees - January 17th, 2017
- Dessert Before Dinner: Houston Couple Pledges Entire Show to MFAH - January 16th, 2017