The Galveston Artist Residency is in its fifth year and is currently accepting applications for the 2016-17 season. There are three artist slots. Residencies last 11 months and begin September 1 of this year. According to the organization, “Artists in residence will receive a studio, an apartment, a monthly stipend of $1,000 per month and a bicycle.”
Each year a new panel of art pros pick the recipients. And “GAR is located in a pair of radically reimagined and rebuilt industrial structures on the edge of downtown Galveston.” There’s a lot of public programming going on throughout the year on the grounds of the residency, so things stay lively. Past residents include Autumn Knight, Kelly Sears, Josh Bernstein, and Nick Barbee.
The deadline for application is March 12, and you find it here.
also by Glasstire
- Get a Free Ticket to Make Art at Burning Man! - July 24th, 2017
- Art Dirt 8: Sex Robots, Scaramucci's Mark Twain Tweet, When Artists' Ideas Are Stolen - July 23rd, 2017
- Discovery Green & Houston First Commission work by Dallas Collective - July 23rd, 2017
- Installation Art Gone Wrong: Creepy Realtor Headshot Edition - July 22nd, 2017
- City of Houston Wants Artists for its New Residency - July 21st, 2017