Artist Michael Miller died on Friday at his home in Commerce, Texas. He was 54.
Represented by Barry Whistler Gallery in Dallas and Moody Gallery in Houston, Miller, a painter, was also a former associate professor of art at Texas A&M University-Commerce, and an instructor at the Glassell School of Art in Houston. He received his M.F.A. from University of California, Davis in 1986.
Miller influenced several generations of notable artists in Texas, and was something of an artist’s artist, with his work not only in permanent collections of major Texas museums and major Texas collectors, but also collections of his artist peers. He will be missed.
also by Glasstire
- This and That: Kristen Cochran / Ken Kagami / Jac Leirner - June 28th, 2017
- Photographers: Register for FotoFest's Portfolio Review Sessions - June 27th, 2017
- A Side Trip to Michael Heizer's 'Double Negative' - June 27th, 2017
- Madrid Judge Orders Exhumation of Salvador Dalí's Remains - June 26th, 2017
- Protestors Gathered Yesterday Against the Station Museum's Andres Serrano Exhibition - June 25th, 2017