It was announced today that She Works Flexible, a gallery established a year ago by Lynne McCabe, will be closing its doors this spring. In an email, McCabe stated that she’s been battling progressive rheumatoid arthritis for the past two years and is closing the gallery to focus on her health.
The gallery has been plenty productive in its short life. It has participated in CounterCurrent, the Houston Cinema Arts Festival, and hosted a number of exhibitions, talks, and pop-up shows. She Works Flexible’s final show will be an exhibition featuring work by Lily Cox-Richard, opening February 19th. Before the space’s closing, it will also host the Core Critics in Residency project, through June 2016.
For more information and to see McCabe’s full statement, go here.
also by Glasstire
- Get a Free Ticket to Make Art at Burning Man! - July 24th, 2017
- Art Dirt 8: Sex Robots, Scaramucci's Mark Twain Tweet, When Artists' Ideas Are Stolen - July 23rd, 2017
- Discovery Green & Houston First Commission work by Dallas Collective - July 23rd, 2017
- Installation Art Gone Wrong: Creepy Realtor Headshot Edition - July 22nd, 2017
- City of Houston Wants Artists for its New Residency - July 21st, 2017