The warehouse that is Spring Street Studios, the artist community in Houston’s First Ward neighborhood, will be the canvas for a new public artwork going up Tuesday, Feb. 2. Local artists Troy Stanley and Aaron Muñoz will create a 70×10 foot wall mural on the outside of the building (which is a refurbished Harris Moving & Storage Building).
The piece, titled Splash, will “wrap” around the building (via HAA) and mimic the art-making processes of the artists who work in building’s 80 studios: “The work will reveal the inner workings of the building while becoming a part of the abstract landscape of its urban surroundings.” The project is made possible by Houston Arts Alliance and the Brown Foundation.
also by Glasstire
- The Top Five Things to See in Houston - September 29th, 2016
- Top Five: September 29, 2016 - September 29th, 2016
- RIP Hunting Art Prize - September 27th, 2016
- Pierre Huyghe Wins the Second Annual $100,000 Nasher Prize - September 26th, 2016
- Naked Donald Trump Statue for Sale - September 24th, 2016