The warehouse that is Spring Street Studios, the artist community in Houston’s First Ward neighborhood, will be the canvas for a new public artwork going up Tuesday, Feb. 2. Local artists Troy Stanley and Aaron Muñoz will create a 70×10 foot wall mural on the outside of the building (which is a refurbished Harris Moving & Storage Building).
The piece, titled Splash, will “wrap” around the building (via HAA) and mimic the art-making processes of the artists who work in building’s 80 studios: “The work will reveal the inner workings of the building while becoming a part of the abstract landscape of its urban surroundings.” The project is made possible by Houston Arts Alliance and the Brown Foundation.
also by Glasstire
- Summertime Living: John Waters' Camp for Grown-Ups - April 27th, 2017
- Top Five: April 27, 2017 - April 27th, 2017
- Send Your Questions to Catherine Opie and Eileen Myles! - April 25th, 2017
- Houston Artists: Artadia Wants to Give You Money - April 24th, 2017
- City of Austin Announces First Artist-in-Residence - April 23rd, 2017