Big Medium just announced an open call for applications for the fifth incarnation of the West Austin Studio Tour (WEST). Piggybacking on the popularity of EAST, Austin’s other studio crawl, WEST is now in its fifth year and is looking for artists, crafters, and creatives who want to be an official stop on the tour (and on its official map). The tour is set for the weekends of May 14-15 and 21-22.
As with EAST, participation isn’t cheap—if you register by this coming Tuesday, January 26, the fee is $150. If you wait any longer (registration closes February 17), the fee jumps to $175. Or, you could always just open up your studio and hope some of the crowd of 20,000 spectators find you anyway. It’s your call.
Big Medium will offer an application workshop on January 26 from 6-7:30PM at Canopy. For more information on how to apply, go here.
also by Glasstire
- This and That: Sol Lewitt at Rice Gallery / a Wall at UH - May 27th, 2017
- Chad Dawkins Hired as Director of Exhibitions at Southwest School of Art - May 27th, 2017
- 300 Years of American Prints Opens This Sunday at the DMA - May 26th, 2017
- Solange Knowles' Limited Edition Book Available at Marfa Book Company - May 25th, 2017
- Top Five: May 25, 2017 - May 25th, 2017