FotoFest 16 Biennial is fast approaching, and FotoFest International has released a list of international artists participating in this year’s Houston event of photography and mixed-media arts. Among the list of 34 international artists are Isaac Julian, Vik Muniz, and also Texas-based Dornith Doherty, which is fitting given the theme of this year’s biennial. Her subtle and sophisticated work deals with flora, the changing planet, and environmental concerns.
This year’s theme is Changing Circumstances: Looking at the Future of the Planet. Fotofest, an international biennial of photography and photo-related art, is one of the (if not the) oldest and most prestigious of its kind, and pulls in a quarter of a million visitors. It kicks off March 12 in Houston. For a full list of participating artists and the newly announced programming, please go here.
also by Glasstire
- UT Removes Confederate Statues Overnight; Bomb Attempt and Arrest in Houston Over Another Statue - August 21st, 2017
- Derek Jeter Wants to Kill Red Grooms' Baseball Installation - August 20th, 2017
- No Longer Art (Yet Another Proposal for Removed Confederate Statues) - August 19th, 2017
- Entire White House Arts Committee Resigns in Protest - August 18th, 2017
- Blanton Gifted Set of Leon Polk Smith Paintings and Drawings - August 17th, 2017