FotoFest 16 Biennial is fast approaching, and FotoFest International has released a list of international artists participating in this year’s Houston event of photography and mixed-media arts. Among the list of 34 international artists are Isaac Julian, Vik Muniz, and also Texas-based Dornith Doherty, which is fitting given the theme of this year’s biennial. Her subtle and sophisticated work deals with flora, the changing planet, and environmental concerns.
This year’s theme is Changing Circumstances: Looking at the Future of the Planet. Fotofest, an international biennial of photography and photo-related art, is one of the (if not the) oldest and most prestigious of its kind, and pulls in a quarter of a million visitors. It kicks off March 12 in Houston. For a full list of participating artists and the newly announced programming, please go here.
also by Glasstire
- Filmmakers: the city of Austin wants to screen your work - December 5th, 2016
- Blanton Announces New Curatorial Position and Appointment - December 2nd, 2016
- Scott Gilbert’s True Artist Tales Part 2 - December 2nd, 2016
- Five New Public Art Works For a Richardson Mixed-Use Development - December 1st, 2016
- Top Five: December 1, 2016 - December 1st, 2016