FotoFest 16 Biennial is fast approaching, and FotoFest International has released a list of international artists participating in this year’s Houston event of photography and mixed-media arts. Among the list of 34 international artists are Isaac Julian, Vik Muniz, and also Texas-based Dornith Doherty, which is fitting given the theme of this year’s biennial. Her subtle and sophisticated work deals with flora, the changing planet, and environmental concerns.
This year’s theme is Changing Circumstances: Looking at the Future of the Planet. Fotofest, an international biennial of photography and photo-related art, is one of the (if not the) oldest and most prestigious of its kind, and pulls in a quarter of a million visitors. It kicks off March 12 in Houston. For a full list of participating artists and the newly announced programming, please go here.
also by Glasstire
- Houston's Zoya Tommy Gallery to Close - October 21st, 2017
- A Residency for Artists Affected by This Year's Hurricanes - October 21st, 2017
- Voertman's Bookstore Owner Gifts $10 Million to UNT Arts - October 20th, 2017
- Donald Trump's Renior Painting is a Fake - October 19th, 2017
- Top Five: October 19, 2017 - October 19th, 2017