Renaissance artiste/actor James Franco never ended up in Texas to explore his poetic self after he was accepted at the University of Houston’s doctoral program in creative writing, but he’s still working on his painterly self.
Now, you can have your portrait painted by Franco. He wants to fly you out, chat with you, and paint your portrait (or others of your choosing) to support Red’s Fight for an Aids Free Generation (among other causes). For $10 or more, you can get a chance to get the experience. Better odds than the crazy recent lotteries; you don’t end with billionaire winnings, just a weird and cool self-portrait that just may end up being worth nothing.
also by Paula Newton
- Houston’s Smither Park Officially (Re)Opens - September 29th, 2016
- Two Texans Make ArtPrize Shortlist! - September 27th, 2016
- Idea Fund Round 9: Deadline, Info, and Jurors - September 26th, 2016
- Artists and Collectors to Show off their Weird Houston Homes - September 23rd, 2016
- It May Be Too Late, but this Group is Set to Save East Austin Art - September 22nd, 2016