Renaissance artiste/actor James Franco never ended up in Texas to explore his poetic self after he was accepted at the University of Houston’s doctoral program in creative writing, but he’s still working on his painterly self.
Now, you can have your portrait painted by Franco. He wants to fly you out, chat with you, and paint your portrait (or others of your choosing) to support Red’s Fight for an Aids Free Generation (among other causes). For $10 or more, you can get a chance to get the experience. Better odds than the crazy recent lotteries; you don’t end with billionaire winnings, just a weird and cool self-portrait that just may end up being worth nothing.
also by Paula Newton
- Meow Wolf is Growing Bigger and May Come to Austin! - April 24th, 2017
- Sand Art: Sculpture of Sculptures - April 21st, 2017
- Sexy Farrah Fawcett Made Art, Too! - April 20th, 2017
- Death of the Cool: Barkley Hendricks, 1945-2017 - April 19th, 2017
- Performance Art Works Both Ways - April 18th, 2017