Tomorrow evening, the Salem Evangelical Lutheran Church and the The Greenbriar Consortium in Houston will host Quantum Dada, a night of music and poetry inspired by the Dada movement. In addition to featuring works by Debussy, Dvorak, Bartok, Stravinsky, and Ravel, the program will include a talk by Emily Boudreaux, a recent Masters graduate from Rice University’s Shepherd School of Music.
This program coincides with the 100th anniversary of Hugo Ball’s founding of Cabaret Voltaire, a Zurich nightclub that served as the birthplace of Dada. (The Cabaret, of course, hosted musical performances, sound poetry, and numerous other events by artists including Tristan Tzara, Jean Arp, and Marcel Janco.)
also by Glasstire
- Yowza. Dallas Biennial Will Feature Hermann Nitsch and Teresa Margolles - December 9th, 2016
- GCAC Artist Lab Culminates in Year-End Exhibition - December 8th, 2016
- Top Five: December 8, 2016 - December 8th, 2016
- Giant Indoor Sculpture Makes the FBI Sick - December 6th, 2016
- Lawndale Live! - December 6th, 2016