Upcoming at UT’s Blanton Museum of Art in Austin is a slated in-person discussion between artist Ed Ruscha and writer Dave Hickey. These two old friends and wooly wild-westerners should have a lot to talk about. On Wednesday, Jan. 20 at 6 p.m., Ruscha (via the Blanton) “discusses his life and work… [he] has been deeply influenced by his love of books and language. Ruscha’s work is in the collections of museums worldwide, and in 2013, he was honored by Time magazine as one of the 100 Most Influential People.” Hickey, of course, wrote Air Guitar, The Invisible Dragon, and a lot of other amazing things.
This event is free and open to the public, though it’ll fill up, so show up early. It takes place in the Blanton’s auditorium. For more info, go here.
also by Glasstire
- Send Your Questions to Catherine Opie and Eileen Myles! - April 25th, 2017
- Houston Artists: Artadia Wants to Give You Money - April 24th, 2017
- City of Austin Announces First Artist-in-Residence - April 23rd, 2017
- Celebrate Earth Day with an Environmentally Conscious Film Festival - April 22nd, 2017
- West Austin Studio Tour Artists Announced - April 21st, 2017