Upcoming at UT’s Blanton Museum of Art in Austin is a slated in-person discussion between artist Ed Ruscha and writer Dave Hickey. These two old friends and wooly wild-westerners should have a lot to talk about. On Wednesday, Jan. 20 at 6 p.m., Ruscha (via the Blanton) “discusses his life and work… [he] has been deeply influenced by his love of books and language. Ruscha’s work is in the collections of museums worldwide, and in 2013, he was honored by Time magazine as one of the 100 Most Influential People.” Hickey, of course, wrote Air Guitar, The Invisible Dragon, and a lot of other amazing things.
This event is free and open to the public, though it’ll fill up, so show up early. It takes place in the Blanton’s auditorium. For more info, go here.
also by Glasstire
- Top Five: February 23, 2017 - February 23rd, 2017
- SHSU Hosts an Art Walk in Huntsville - February 21st, 2017
- Glasstire names Christina Rees as Editor-in-Chief - February 20th, 2017
- Houston Music Venue Announces Community Arts Initiative - February 20th, 2017
- San Antonio DACA Art Student Detained by Immigration Officials - February 19th, 2017