After 35 years, McMurtrey Gallery closed its doors less than two months ago. Now, after 38 years, Harrison Itz has announced that he will be closing Harris Gallery as of December 23. Harris Gallery, located behind the Contemporary Arts Museum (CAMH), has long been the place to visit after seeing some crazy CAMH exhibition to soak in some pleasant, contemporary landscapes. The Gallery has represented scores of artists and maintained one of the largest inventories of paintings, sculptures, photographs, and prints in town.
Congratulations to Harrison on an incredible run!
also by Paula Newton
- Another Artist Town Hall Meeting in Houston: Time to Get Political - March 22nd, 2017
- Trisha Brown (1936-2017) - March 21st, 2017
- Artist Appropriates Trump Slogan for “Painfully Powerful Statement” - March 17th, 2017
- It’s Just Macaroni and Cheese: Arts Funding to be Burned! - March 16th, 2017
- Spooky Springtime History in the Panhandle - March 15th, 2017