After 35 years, McMurtrey Gallery closed its doors less than two months ago. Now, after 38 years, Harrison Itz has announced that he will be closing Harris Gallery as of December 23. Harris Gallery, located behind the Contemporary Arts Museum (CAMH), has long been the place to visit after seeing some crazy CAMH exhibition to soak in some pleasant, contemporary landscapes. The Gallery has represented scores of artists and maintained one of the largest inventories of paintings, sculptures, photographs, and prints in town.
Congratulations to Harrison on an incredible run!
also by Paula Newton
- Last Weekend to See Big Texas Butter Sculpture - October 21st, 2016
- Houston Architects Name Artist of the Year - October 20th, 2016
- Another Houston Artist Hits the Small Screen - October 19th, 2016
- Artist to Create Sculpture from Guy Clark’s Ashes - October 13th, 2016
- Artists as Human Beings on TV - October 11th, 2016