For younger Houstonians sick of hearing the old folks talk about the 1986 downtown-wide concert and light show, Rendez-vous Houston (“You just had to be there”), the upcoming weekend at Silver Street Studios is your turn.
Curated by Alex Czetwertynski, the Day for Night Festival is billed as a “music festival inside an art installation.” The fusion of art, technology, and music has been going on for a while now, but this has bunches of big time visual and musical artists, both local and international. There will be three stages and 20 art installations by the likes of Casey Reas, Nanotak, and Mark Eats.
The festival takes place December 19-20 (Saturday and Sunday), 11am-11pm. The line-up is crazy interesting; it includes Kendrick Lamar, New Order, the Phillip Glass Ensemble, Flying Lotus, and Shamir, among many others. (Check out the full schedule here.) The tickets are pricey, but it’s for 24 hours of art and entertainment and they are going fast. Or you can score free admission by volunteering.
Watch the techno-teaser below:
also by Paula Newton
- First Texas Latino Comic Con is Coming to Dallas - July 19th, 2017
- Grafitti Now Attracts the Genteel Crowd - July 18th, 2017
- Funeral Home Gets into the Installation Art Biz - July 17th, 2017
- Deadline Approaches for Corsicana Residency - July 14th, 2017
- S.A.’s Toilet Museum is up for Auction! - July 13th, 2017