Last year, the San Antonio Express-News hit the nail on the head when they named Adriana Corral one of five S.A. artists to watch. She is now one of 10 recipients (and the only Texas artist) of the Joan Mitchell Foundation’s 2015 Emerging Artist Grant, a new initiative designed to assist emerging visual artists across the United States. The Foundation defines “emerging” as those early in their artistic careers (regardless of age), who are gaining momentum, and may be at a critical juncture in their career when this support would be the most impactful. Each artist will receive an unrestricted grant of $12,000 each and professional support.
also by Paula Newton
- Finally! News for Cats - March 27th, 2017
- Social Practice Artist Corrina Mehiel Found Stabbed to Death in DC - March 24th, 2017
- Trump’s “Border Wall” Shines Spotlight on EP Women’s Filmmaker Collective - March 23rd, 2017
- Another Artist Town Hall Meeting in Houston: Time to Get Political - March 22nd, 2017
- Trisha Brown (1936-2017) - March 21st, 2017