Last year, the San Antonio Express-News hit the nail on the head when they named Adriana Corral one of five S.A. artists to watch. She is now one of 10 recipients (and the only Texas artist) of the Joan Mitchell Foundation’s 2015 Emerging Artist Grant, a new initiative designed to assist emerging visual artists across the United States. The Foundation defines “emerging” as those early in their artistic careers (regardless of age), who are gaining momentum, and may be at a critical juncture in their career when this support would be the most impactful. Each artist will receive an unrestricted grant of $12,000 each and professional support.
also by Paula Newton
- Sugar Land Teen Wins Big Time Film Award - July 21st, 2017
- House for Sale Goes Viral: Art Project? - July 20th, 2017
- First Texas Latino Comic Con is Coming to Dallas - July 19th, 2017
- Grafitti Now Attracts the Genteel Crowd - July 18th, 2017
- Funeral Home Gets into the Installation Art Biz - July 17th, 2017