Last year, the San Antonio Express-News hit the nail on the head when they named Adriana Corral one of five S.A. artists to watch. She is now one of 10 recipients (and the only Texas artist) of the Joan Mitchell Foundation’s 2015 Emerging Artist Grant, a new initiative designed to assist emerging visual artists across the United States. The Foundation defines “emerging” as those early in their artistic careers (regardless of age), who are gaining momentum, and may be at a critical juncture in their career when this support would be the most impactful. Each artist will receive an unrestricted grant of $12,000 each and professional support.
also by Paula Newton
- Texas Medal of Arts Announces 2017 Honorees - January 17th, 2017
- Dessert Before Dinner: Houston Couple Pledges Entire Show to MFAH - January 16th, 2017
- Mixed Responses to Call for Artist Trump Protests - January 13th, 2017
- Party! Come Congratulate the Idea Fund Grantees - January 12th, 2017
- Phillip Johnson and "Kitty Porn" - January 10th, 2017