Last year, the San Antonio Express-News hit the nail on the head when they named Adriana Corral one of five S.A. artists to watch. She is now one of 10 recipients (and the only Texas artist) of the Joan Mitchell Foundation’s 2015 Emerging Artist Grant, a new initiative designed to assist emerging visual artists across the United States. The Foundation defines “emerging” as those early in their artistic careers (regardless of age), who are gaining momentum, and may be at a critical juncture in their career when this support would be the most impactful. Each artist will receive an unrestricted grant of $12,000 each and professional support.
also by Paula Newton
- Last Weekend to See Big Texas Butter Sculpture - October 21st, 2016
- Houston Architects Name Artist of the Year - October 20th, 2016
- Another Houston Artist Hits the Small Screen - October 19th, 2016
- Artist to Create Sculpture from Guy Clark’s Ashes - October 13th, 2016
- Artists as Human Beings on TV - October 11th, 2016