This coming Sunday marks the closing of Dallas’ RE Gallery. The Cedars space was founded as the side project of Wanda Dye, who at the time was an architecture professor at the University of Texas at Arlington. For the past three years, however, the gallery has been a full-time endeavor featuring shows by artists such as Michael Wynne, Alika Herreshoff, and most recently, a solo exhibition by Brad Tucker which we covered here.
The gallery will host a closing party Sunday, December 13th from 6-10 PM. The space’s final show, Butch Anthony: Skeletons in the Closet, will be on view through the evening.
also by Glasstire
- Get a Free Ticket to Make Art at Burning Man! - July 24th, 2017
- Art Dirt 8: Sex Robots, Scaramucci's Mark Twain Tweet, When Artists' Ideas Are Stolen - July 23rd, 2017
- Discovery Green & Houston First Commission work by Dallas Collective - July 23rd, 2017
- Installation Art Gone Wrong: Creepy Realtor Headshot Edition - July 22nd, 2017
- City of Houston Wants Artists for its New Residency - July 21st, 2017