This coming Sunday marks the closing of Dallas’ RE Gallery. The Cedars space was founded as the side project of Wanda Dye, who at the time was an architecture professor at the University of Texas at Arlington. For the past three years, however, the gallery has been a full-time endeavor featuring shows by artists such as Michael Wynne, Alika Herreshoff, and most recently, a solo exhibition by Brad Tucker which we covered here.
The gallery will host a closing party Sunday, December 13th from 6-10 PM. The space’s final show, Butch Anthony: Skeletons in the Closet, will be on view through the evening.
also by Glasstire
- Dallas Contemporary's Playboy Bunny is Outta Here - March 28th, 2017
- Who owns the better gimp mask? Nasher or DMA? - March 27th, 2017
- Fearless Girl Statue to Remain on View Through 2018 - March 27th, 2017
- Cowboy Paintings Sell for Over $450K at Houston Rodeo - March 26th, 2017
- Art Dirt 2: Controversy Over a Painting of Emmett Till in the Whitney Biennial - March 25th, 2017