The Houston Center for Photography (HCP) recently opened what seems to be a holiday show, Somewhere in the Balance (up through January 10th), for folks who have a hard time with the holidays. Featuring four photographers, the exhibition focuses on anxiety, fear, stress, mental illness, and the vulnerability of everyday family life.
If that all sounds like too much to handle, HCP has put together a panel discussion to let us know that everything is going to be alright. This Thursday at 6pm, “The Value of Art to Healing and Social Connectedness” will feature experts from Houston’s Menninger Clinic (which ranks among America’s Best Hospitals in psychiatry in U.S. News & World Report’s annual survey): Jon Allen, Ph.D., senior psychologist, Kula Moore, art therapist, and Brad Kennedy, director of rehabilitation services,
The panel will also include the collaborative artistic team Hillerbrand+Magsamen and HCP’s Outreach Coordinator Jamie Robertson, and will be moderated by HCP’s Director of Education Juliana Forero, Ph.D.
also by Paula Newton
- Sugar Land Teen Wins Big Time Film Award - July 21st, 2017
- House for Sale Goes Viral: Art Project? - July 20th, 2017
- First Texas Latino Comic Con is Coming to Dallas - July 19th, 2017
- Grafitti Now Attracts the Genteel Crowd - July 18th, 2017
- Funeral Home Gets into the Installation Art Biz - July 17th, 2017