The Southwest School of Art in San Antonio will be celebrating its 50th anniversary this weekend with holiday markets, exhibition openings and a festival. The school is located on two separate campuses, the first of which was founded in 1851 as a girl’s school. The second campus, located just a few blocks from Artpace, opened in 1998 and expanded the school’s programming abilities. Since then, the school has kept a steady enrollment of 4,000 students and continues to support the arts in San Antonio.
See below for a full list of celebratory programming for this weekend:
10am-5pm: ARTICOPIA Eclectic Holiday Market
1-5pm: Downtown Teen Arts Fest with ArtPace and the San Antonio Library
1-3pm: Opening of FORMED – A Survey of Ceramics by Dennis Smith & Colleagues
1-3pm: Opening of Christa Blackwood: A Dot Red (The Ballad of Irrelevant Histories)
1-5pm: Open studios, tours, art making!
also by Glasstire
- Celebrities Want to Make Art! - October 22nd, 2016
- Welcome to our 15th Anniversary Celebration Week! - October 22nd, 2016
- A Behind the Scenes Look at Jesse Lott's Process - October 22nd, 2016
- Nasher Puts Out International Call for Graduate Papers - October 21st, 2016
- Kendall Jenner Copies Iconic Performance Artists to Create Her Own Performance Art - October 21st, 2016