This Saturday is the 13th annual Cedars Open Studio tour in Dallas, which has evolved along with the artist-packed neighborhood, just south of downtown. Beginning at noon and running to six p.m., this year’s tour features around 80 open artists’ studios, design firms, jewelry and textile stops, and galleries open to the public and handily mapped out for cars, walkers and cyclists. There are live performances, a bike tour, and there are local bars and restaurants open throughout the neighborhood.
Also, according the COS FB Page: “The event culminates with a sunset performance art piece titled Decorating the Tree by renowned glass blower, Jim Bowman, at his studio, located at 1419 Griffin Street, and after party with live music at American Beauty Mill Gallery.”
For more info on the tour, the events, tickets and the map, please go here.
also by Glasstire
- Awesome website: Typeset in the Future - July 25th, 2017
- Guerrilla Girls Coming to Talk at the DMA in August - July 25th, 2017
- Get a Free Ticket to Make Art at Burning Man! - July 24th, 2017
- Art Dirt 8: Sex Robots, Scaramucci's Mark Twain Tweet, When Artists' Ideas Are Stolen - July 23rd, 2017
- Discovery Green & Houston First Commission work by Dallas Collective - July 23rd, 2017