This Saturday is the 13th annual Cedars Open Studio tour in Dallas, which has evolved along with the artist-packed neighborhood, just south of downtown. Beginning at noon and running to six p.m., this year’s tour features around 80 open artists’ studios, design firms, jewelry and textile stops, and galleries open to the public and handily mapped out for cars, walkers and cyclists. There are live performances, a bike tour, and there are local bars and restaurants open throughout the neighborhood.
Also, according the COS FB Page: “The event culminates with a sunset performance art piece titled Decorating the Tree by renowned glass blower, Jim Bowman, at his studio, located at 1419 Griffin Street, and after party with live music at American Beauty Mill Gallery.”
For more info on the tour, the events, tickets and the map, please go here.
also by Glasstire
- Fearless Girl Statue to Remain on View Through 2018 - March 27th, 2017
- Cowboy Paintings Sell for Over $450K at Houston Rodeo - March 26th, 2017
- Art Dirt 2: Controversy Over a Painting of Emmett Till in the Whitney Biennial - March 25th, 2017
- Houston: the Bayou City Art Festival is Back - March 25th, 2017
- $370K! Houston Announces its 2017 Artist Grant Recipients - March 24th, 2017