This Saturday is the 13th annual Cedars Open Studio tour in Dallas, which has evolved along with the artist-packed neighborhood, just south of downtown. Beginning at noon and running to six p.m., this year’s tour features around 80 open artists’ studios, design firms, jewelry and textile stops, and galleries open to the public and handily mapped out for cars, walkers and cyclists. There are live performances, a bike tour, and there are local bars and restaurants open throughout the neighborhood.
Also, according the COS FB Page: “The event culminates with a sunset performance art piece titled Decorating the Tree by renowned glass blower, Jim Bowman, at his studio, located at 1419 Griffin Street, and after party with live music at American Beauty Mill Gallery.”
For more info on the tour, the events, tickets and the map, please go here.
also by Glasstire
- The DMA Didn't Buy a da Vinci Painting. Now, You Can (for $100+ Million). - October 23rd, 2017
- Rockport Center for the Arts Announces 11th Annual Rockport Film Festival - October 21st, 2017
- Houston's Zoya Tommy Gallery to Close - October 21st, 2017
- A Residency for Artists Affected by This Year's Hurricanes - October 21st, 2017
- Voertman's Bookstore Owner Gifts $10 Million to UNT Arts - October 20th, 2017