This Saturday is the 13th annual Cedars Open Studio tour in Dallas, which has evolved along with the artist-packed neighborhood, just south of downtown. Beginning at noon and running to six p.m., this year’s tour features around 80 open artists’ studios, design firms, jewelry and textile stops, and galleries open to the public and handily mapped out for cars, walkers and cyclists. There are live performances, a bike tour, and there are local bars and restaurants open throughout the neighborhood.
Also, according the COS FB Page: “The event culminates with a sunset performance art piece titled Decorating the Tree by renowned glass blower, Jim Bowman, at his studio, located at 1419 Griffin Street, and after party with live music at American Beauty Mill Gallery.”
For more info on the tour, the events, tickets and the map, please go here.
also by Glasstire
- FotoFest Announces 2018 Biennial Theme & More - January 16th, 2017
- Section of Berlin Wall at Rice University Defaced with Pro-Trump Graffiti - January 15th, 2017
- Houston Performance Art Festival Announces Lineup — And It's Good! - January 14th, 2017
- Dallas Contemporary Will Organize the Ukrainian Pavilion for the Venice Biennale - January 12th, 2017
- Top Five: January 12, 2017 - January 12th, 2017