This Saturday is the 13th annual Cedars Open Studio tour in Dallas, which has evolved along with the artist-packed neighborhood, just south of downtown. Beginning at noon and running to six p.m., this year’s tour features around 80 open artists’ studios, design firms, jewelry and textile stops, and galleries open to the public and handily mapped out for cars, walkers and cyclists. There are live performances, a bike tour, and there are local bars and restaurants open throughout the neighborhood.
Also, according the COS FB Page: “The event culminates with a sunset performance art piece titled Decorating the Tree by renowned glass blower, Jim Bowman, at his studio, located at 1419 Griffin Street, and after party with live music at American Beauty Mill Gallery.”
For more info on the tour, the events, tickets and the map, please go here.
also by Glasstire
- Art Dirt 5: Celebrities Doing Performance Art + Artists and Gentrification - May 28th, 2017
- No More Free Parking at the MFAH - May 28th, 2017
- This and That: Sol Lewitt at Rice Gallery / a Wall at UH - May 27th, 2017
- Chad Dawkins Hired as Director of Exhibitions at Southwest School of Art - May 27th, 2017
- 300 Years of American Prints Opens This Sunday at the DMA - May 26th, 2017