A few days ago, U.S. News &World Report obtained an internal 112-page document from the less-than-inspired Jeb Bush presidential campaign. Among the many strategies outlined for the upcoming months was this tidbit:
They’ll need that message to be heeded in order to make it to their fourth-quarter fundraising rollout, scheduled for Dec. 5 at the trendy Art Basel in Miami. The event is called, “Pop Art, Politics & Jeb.”
A fundraising party at Art Basel Miami? Not a bad idea, considering how much money will be floating around in one spot on one weekend. But vying for attention at what has become a celebrity-packed circus has certainly got to be more difficult than trying to outpoll a dozen Republican candidates.
Just what do Pop art, politics, and Jeb Bush have in common? Maybe Jeb is investigating a possible backup career as his artistic brother’s gallerist.
also by Paula Newton
- Sugar Land Teen Wins Big Time Film Award - July 21st, 2017
- House for Sale Goes Viral: Art Project? - July 20th, 2017
- First Texas Latino Comic Con is Coming to Dallas - July 19th, 2017
- Grafitti Now Attracts the Genteel Crowd - July 18th, 2017
- Funeral Home Gets into the Installation Art Biz - July 17th, 2017