A few days ago, U.S. News &World Report obtained an internal 112-page document from the less-than-inspired Jeb Bush presidential campaign. Among the many strategies outlined for the upcoming months was this tidbit:
They’ll need that message to be heeded in order to make it to their fourth-quarter fundraising rollout, scheduled for Dec. 5 at the trendy Art Basel in Miami. The event is called, “Pop Art, Politics & Jeb.”
A fundraising party at Art Basel Miami? Not a bad idea, considering how much money will be floating around in one spot on one weekend. But vying for attention at what has become a celebrity-packed circus has certainly got to be more difficult than trying to outpoll a dozen Republican candidates.
Just what do Pop art, politics, and Jeb Bush have in common? Maybe Jeb is investigating a possible backup career as his artistic brother’s gallerist.
also by Paula Newton
- Last Weekend to See Big Texas Butter Sculpture - October 21st, 2016
- Houston Architects Name Artist of the Year - October 20th, 2016
- Another Houston Artist Hits the Small Screen - October 19th, 2016
- Artist to Create Sculpture from Guy Clark’s Ashes - October 13th, 2016
- Artists as Human Beings on TV - October 11th, 2016