A few days ago, U.S. News &World Report obtained an internal 112-page document from the less-than-inspired Jeb Bush presidential campaign. Among the many strategies outlined for the upcoming months was this tidbit:
They’ll need that message to be heeded in order to make it to their fourth-quarter fundraising rollout, scheduled for Dec. 5 at the trendy Art Basel in Miami. The event is called, “Pop Art, Politics & Jeb.”
A fundraising party at Art Basel Miami? Not a bad idea, considering how much money will be floating around in one spot on one weekend. But vying for attention at what has become a celebrity-packed circus has certainly got to be more difficult than trying to outpoll a dozen Republican candidates.
Just what do Pop art, politics, and Jeb Bush have in common? Maybe Jeb is investigating a possible backup career as his artistic brother’s gallerist.
also by Paula Newton
- Bastrop Art Center Near Completion - September 20th, 2017
- Neo-Nazi Posters Found Plastered Around UH Campus - September 19th, 2017
- Arts Orgs Impacted by Harvey Must Attend Meeting to Apply for FEMA - September 18th, 2017
- French Artist Installs Huge Mural on the Mexican Border - September 15th, 2017
- Solange Calls Out the Museum World - September 14th, 2017