Did you know that exhibiting galleries at Frieze London are up for a £10,000.00 sort of “best in show” prize (around 15 g’s) given out by a Champagne sponsor? They are. This year Stuart Shave/Modern Art won Pommery Champagne’s “Stand Prize.” The gallery is just showing Mark Flood and Yngve Holen in the booth.
This, via ARTnews: The jury, made up of three museum pros, “praised the gallery’s stand for creating an ‘intellectual and formal dialogue between the two artists.'”
Five other galleries won secondary prizes. None of them are from Texas. Go Flood!
also by Glasstire
- Houston: the Bayou City Art Festival is Back - March 25th, 2017
- $370K! Houston Announces its 2017 Artist Grant Recipients - March 24th, 2017
- Affordable Housing for Artists in Dallas Arts District Gets a YES - March 23rd, 2017
- Top Five: March 23, 2017 - March 23rd, 2017
- Here are your next Emojis! (T-Rex and Breastfeeding included) - March 22nd, 2017