Did you know that exhibiting galleries at Frieze London are up for a £10,000.00 sort of “best in show” prize (around 15 g’s) given out by a Champagne sponsor? They are. This year Stuart Shave/Modern Art won Pommery Champagne’s “Stand Prize.” The gallery is just showing Mark Flood and Yngve Holen in the booth.
This, via ARTnews: The jury, made up of three museum pros, “praised the gallery’s stand for creating an ‘intellectual and formal dialogue between the two artists.'”
Five other galleries won secondary prizes. None of them are from Texas. Go Flood!
also by Glasstire
- Awesome website: Typeset in the Future - July 25th, 2017
- Guerrilla Girls Coming to Talk at the DMA in August - July 25th, 2017
- Get a Free Ticket to Make Art at Burning Man! - July 24th, 2017
- Art Dirt 8: Sex Robots, Scaramucci's Mark Twain Tweet, When Artists' Ideas Are Stolen - July 23rd, 2017
- Discovery Green & Houston First Commission work by Dallas Collective - July 23rd, 2017