Did you know that exhibiting galleries at Frieze London are up for a £10,000.00 sort of “best in show” prize (around 15 g’s) given out by a Champagne sponsor? They are. This year Stuart Shave/Modern Art won Pommery Champagne’s “Stand Prize.” The gallery is just showing Mark Flood and Yngve Holen in the booth.
This, via ARTnews: The jury, made up of three museum pros, “praised the gallery’s stand for creating an ‘intellectual and formal dialogue between the two artists.'”
Five other galleries won secondary prizes. None of them are from Texas. Go Flood!
also by Glasstire
- Today, January 21: a Concert in Houston & Butt Prints in San Antonio - January 21st, 2017
- Trump Plans to (quickly) Kill the National Endowment for the Arts (and of course most other cultural programs) - January 19th, 2017
- Top Five: January 19, 2017 - January 19th, 2017
- A Whopper of an Artwork for Your Inauguration Day - January 18th, 2017
- FotoFest Announces 2018 Biennial Theme & More - January 16th, 2017