Gabriel Ritter, the Assistant Curator of Contemporary Art at the Dallas Museum of Art, has knocked it out of the park with his ongoing Concentrations exhibition called Mirror Stage—Visualizing the Self After the Internet. The multi-part show “examines the changing understanding and representation of the self via digital technology and the Internet,” by featuring eight different video artists in solo shows over an eight month period. It has been consistently great.
On Tuesday evening, October 20, Ritter will moderate a panel discussion featuring two of the international artists featured in Mirror Stage: Ed Atkins and Jacolby Satterwhite. Also on hand will be Ceci Moss, Assistant Curator of Visual Arts at Yerba Buena Center for the Arts in San Francisco, who specializes in art and the internet.
Tickets for non-DMA members are $5. For more info, please go here.
also by Glasstire
- Ballroom Marfa Names Laura Copelin as Interim Director - April 30th, 2017
- Summertime Living: John Waters' Camp for Grown-Ups - April 27th, 2017
- Top Five: April 27, 2017 - April 27th, 2017
- Send Your Questions to Catherine Opie and Eileen Myles! - April 25th, 2017
- Houston Artists: Artadia Wants to Give You Money - April 24th, 2017