Gabriel Ritter, the Assistant Curator of Contemporary Art at the Dallas Museum of Art, has knocked it out of the park with his ongoing Concentrations exhibition called Mirror Stage—Visualizing the Self After the Internet. The multi-part show “examines the changing understanding and representation of the self via digital technology and the Internet,” by featuring eight different video artists in solo shows over an eight month period. It has been consistently great.
On Tuesday evening, October 20, Ritter will moderate a panel discussion featuring two of the international artists featured in Mirror Stage: Ed Atkins and Jacolby Satterwhite. Also on hand will be Ceci Moss, Assistant Curator of Visual Arts at Yerba Buena Center for the Arts in San Francisco, who specializes in art and the internet.
Tickets for non-DMA members are $5. For more info, please go here.
also by Glasstire
- Get a Free Ticket to Make Art at Burning Man! - July 24th, 2017
- Art Dirt 8: Sex Robots, Scaramucci's Mark Twain Tweet, When Artists' Ideas Are Stolen - July 23rd, 2017
- Discovery Green & Houston First Commission work by Dallas Collective - July 23rd, 2017
- Installation Art Gone Wrong: Creepy Realtor Headshot Edition - July 22nd, 2017
- City of Houston Wants Artists for its New Residency - July 21st, 2017