Gabriel Ritter, the Assistant Curator of Contemporary Art at the Dallas Museum of Art, has knocked it out of the park with his ongoing Concentrations exhibition called Mirror Stage—Visualizing the Self After the Internet. The multi-part show “examines the changing understanding and representation of the self via digital technology and the Internet,” by featuring eight different video artists in solo shows over an eight month period. It has been consistently great.
On Tuesday evening, October 20, Ritter will moderate a panel discussion featuring two of the international artists featured in Mirror Stage: Ed Atkins and Jacolby Satterwhite. Also on hand will be Ceci Moss, Assistant Curator of Visual Arts at Yerba Buena Center for the Arts in San Francisco, who specializes in art and the internet.
Tickets for non-DMA members are $5. For more info, please go here.
also by Glasstire
- The DMA Didn't Buy a da Vinci Painting. Now, You Can (for $100+ Million). - October 23rd, 2017
- Rockport Center for the Arts Announces 11th Annual Rockport Film Festival - October 21st, 2017
- Houston's Zoya Tommy Gallery to Close - October 21st, 2017
- A Residency for Artists Affected by This Year's Hurricanes - October 21st, 2017
- Voertman's Bookstore Owner Gifts $10 Million to UNT Arts - October 20th, 2017