Stuart Allen, Jennifer Ling Datchuk, Jack McGilvray and Chris Sauter will share their experiences as working artists in a discussion moderated by SSA President Paula Owen. They will discuss how they pursued “varied and successful career paths” to finally become working artists.
Most artists will recognize the eclectic jobs these San Antonio artists have and have had in order to supplement their career choices. As Wendy Weil Atwell states in her Rivard Report article, “Artists can be as creative with their careers as they are with their art.” Read it here to get a glimpse of the courses of the four artists’ careers.
The panel discussion starts at 7pm in the Russell Hill Rogers Lecture Hall at the Navarro Campus.
also by Paula Newton
- Finally! News for Cats - March 27th, 2017
- Social Practice Artist Corrina Mehiel Found Stabbed to Death in DC - March 24th, 2017
- Trump’s “Border Wall” Shines Spotlight on EP Women’s Filmmaker Collective - March 23rd, 2017
- Another Artist Town Hall Meeting in Houston: Time to Get Political - March 22nd, 2017
- Trisha Brown (1936-2017) - March 21st, 2017