Stuart Allen, Jennifer Ling Datchuk, Jack McGilvray and Chris Sauter will share their experiences as working artists in a discussion moderated by SSA President Paula Owen. They will discuss how they pursued “varied and successful career paths” to finally become working artists.
Most artists will recognize the eclectic jobs these San Antonio artists have and have had in order to supplement their career choices. As Wendy Weil Atwell states in her Rivard Report article, “Artists can be as creative with their careers as they are with their art.” Read it here to get a glimpse of the courses of the four artists’ careers.
The panel discussion starts at 7pm in the Russell Hill Rogers Lecture Hall at the Navarro Campus.
also by Paula Newton
- Last Weekend to See Big Texas Butter Sculpture - October 21st, 2016
- Houston Architects Name Artist of the Year - October 20th, 2016
- Another Houston Artist Hits the Small Screen - October 19th, 2016
- Artist to Create Sculpture from Guy Clark’s Ashes - October 13th, 2016
- Artists as Human Beings on TV - October 11th, 2016