Boerne Professional Artists will host its 13th Texas Hill Country Invitational Art Show & Sale this weekend. On Wednesday and Thursday, approximately 40 artists will be painting en plein air throughout Boerne and its parks, recreational and heritage centers in a “Paint-Out” (endorsed by the Oil Painters of America) as a prelude to the invitational. Finished works of the open-air artists will be offered in a “Wet Paint” sale that begins during the opening night preview on Friday. On Saturday, from 10am-5pm, there will be artist talks and demonstrations.
The exhibition, which also includes photography, pottery, jewelry, fused glass, sculpture and mixed media, will continue through Sunday until 3pm. For more information on the invitational, go here.
also by Paula Newton
- Post-Harvey Update: Rockport’s Birds and Rockport's Art - October 22nd, 2017
- Too Many Performance Art Choices in Austin - October 20th, 2017
- UT’s Ransom Center Has a New Art Curator - October 19th, 2017
- Dancers do Degas - October 18th, 2017
- The Obamas Choose Their Official Portraitists - October 17th, 2017