Are you in the middle of the desert with nothing to do? Did you just spend $500 on a ticket to a benefit dinner that left you with an unfulfilled urge to dance? If you answered yes to either of these questions (and happen to be in Marfa), then make sure you go to the Chinati-sponsored dance party tonight at the Capri. Featuring a DJ set by the “Canadian electro-funk duo” Chromeo, the party promises to be the only thing you can do at 10:00 on a crisp West Texas Saturday night. If you party until dawn, you can catch the early morning viewing of Judd’s aluminum and concrete pieces from 7:30 – 8:30 a.m. Sunday.
also by Glasstire
- Trump Plans to (quickly) Kill the National Endowment for the Arts (and of course most other cultural programs) - January 19th, 2017
- Top Five: January 19, 2017 - January 19th, 2017
- A Whopper of an Artwork for Your Inauguration Day - January 18th, 2017
- FotoFest Announces 2018 Biennial Theme & More - January 16th, 2017
- Section of Berlin Wall at Rice University Defaced with Pro-Trump Graffiti - January 15th, 2017