Are you in the middle of the desert with nothing to do? Did you just spend $500 on a ticket to a benefit dinner that left you with an unfulfilled urge to dance? If you answered yes to either of these questions (and happen to be in Marfa), then make sure you go to the Chinati-sponsored dance party tonight at the Capri. Featuring a DJ set by the “Canadian electro-funk duo” Chromeo, the party promises to be the only thing you can do at 10:00 on a crisp West Texas Saturday night. If you party until dawn, you can catch the early morning viewing of Judd’s aluminum and concrete pieces from 7:30 – 8:30 a.m. Sunday.
also by Glasstire
- Art Dirt 8: Sex Robots, Scaramucci's Mark Twain Tweet, When Artists' Ideas Are Stolen - July 23rd, 2017
- Discovery Green & Houston First Commission work by Dallas Collective - July 23rd, 2017
- Installation Art Gone Wrong: Creepy Realtor Headshot Edition - July 22nd, 2017
- City of Houston Wants Artists for its New Residency - July 21st, 2017
- Glasstire Top Five: July 20, 2017 - July 20th, 2017