Are you in the middle of the desert with nothing to do? Did you just spend $500 on a ticket to a benefit dinner that left you with an unfulfilled urge to dance? If you answered yes to either of these questions (and happen to be in Marfa), then make sure you go to the Chinati-sponsored dance party tonight at the Capri. Featuring a DJ set by the “Canadian electro-funk duo” Chromeo, the party promises to be the only thing you can do at 10:00 on a crisp West Texas Saturday night. If you party until dawn, you can catch the early morning viewing of Judd’s aluminum and concrete pieces from 7:30 – 8:30 a.m. Sunday.
also by Glasstire
- 300 Years of American Prints Opens This Sunday at the DMA - May 26th, 2017
- Solange Knowles' Limited Edition Book Available at Marfa Book Company - May 25th, 2017
- Top Five: May 25, 2017 - May 25th, 2017
- Menil's 2017 Walter Hopps Award Goes to Reem Fadda - May 24th, 2017
- This and That: Menil Drawing Institute / Pompeii - May 23rd, 2017