Another irony: One of the cameras that the thief stole, the GoPro, was rolling time-lapse footage when it was taken. The suspect ditched the GoPro but not before a picture of the suspect was captured.
Perhaps best known for his gigantic heads of U.S. presidents, the 67-foot tall Sam Houston statue on I-45 near Huntsville, or his cellist sculpture at the Houston’s Lyric Center, Adickes created the sign to express Houstonians’ love for Houston.
Maybe the thief was from out of town.
also by Paula Newton
- Another Artist Town Hall Meeting in Houston: Time to Get Political - March 22nd, 2017
- Trisha Brown (1936-2017) - March 21st, 2017
- Artist Appropriates Trump Slogan for “Painfully Powerful Statement” - March 17th, 2017
- It’s Just Macaroni and Cheese: Arts Funding to be Burned! - March 16th, 2017
- Spooky Springtime History in the Panhandle - March 15th, 2017