Another irony: One of the cameras that the thief stole, the GoPro, was rolling time-lapse footage when it was taken. The suspect ditched the GoPro but not before a picture of the suspect was captured.
Perhaps best known for his gigantic heads of U.S. presidents, the 67-foot tall Sam Houston statue on I-45 near Huntsville, or his cellist sculpture at the Houston’s Lyric Center, Adickes created the sign to express Houstonians’ love for Houston.
Maybe the thief was from out of town.
also by Paula Newton
- A Texas Guide to Día De Los Muertos - October 24th, 2016
- Last Weekend to See Big Texas Butter Sculpture - October 21st, 2016
- Houston Architects Name Artist of the Year - October 20th, 2016
- Another Houston Artist Hits the Small Screen - October 19th, 2016
- Artist to Create Sculpture from Guy Clark’s Ashes - October 13th, 2016