Another irony: One of the cameras that the thief stole, the GoPro, was rolling time-lapse footage when it was taken. The suspect ditched the GoPro but not before a picture of the suspect was captured.
Perhaps best known for his gigantic heads of U.S. presidents, the 67-foot tall Sam Houston statue on I-45 near Huntsville, or his cellist sculpture at the Houston’s Lyric Center, Adickes created the sign to express Houstonians’ love for Houston.
Maybe the thief was from out of town.
also by Paula Newton
- Amy Poehler Buys Film Rights to Houston HS Teacher’s Book - January 18th, 2017
- Texas Medal of Arts Announces 2017 Honorees - January 17th, 2017
- Dessert Before Dinner: Houston Couple Pledges Entire Show to MFAH - January 16th, 2017
- Mixed Responses to Call for Artist Trump Protests - January 13th, 2017
- Party! Come Congratulate the Idea Fund Grantees - January 12th, 2017