Another irony: One of the cameras that the thief stole, the GoPro, was rolling time-lapse footage when it was taken. The suspect ditched the GoPro but not before a picture of the suspect was captured.
Perhaps best known for his gigantic heads of U.S. presidents, the 67-foot tall Sam Houston statue on I-45 near Huntsville, or his cellist sculpture at the Houston’s Lyric Center, Adickes created the sign to express Houstonians’ love for Houston.
Maybe the thief was from out of town.
also by Paula Newton
- Arts Donors: What’s in a Name? - May 29th, 2017
- Dallas Artist is Now a TV Star - May 26th, 2017
- N.O.’s Prospect 4 Announces Artists, Including Texans - May 25th, 2017
- Trump’s Proposed Budget to Kill National Endowments for the Arts and Humanities - May 24th, 2017
- Austin Art: People Have the Power - May 23rd, 2017