Another irony: One of the cameras that the thief stole, the GoPro, was rolling time-lapse footage when it was taken. The suspect ditched the GoPro but not before a picture of the suspect was captured.
Perhaps best known for his gigantic heads of U.S. presidents, the 67-foot tall Sam Houston statue on I-45 near Huntsville, or his cellist sculpture at the Houston’s Lyric Center, Adickes created the sign to express Houstonians’ love for Houston.
Maybe the thief was from out of town.
also by Paula Newton
- Texas Curator Snagged by Oklahoma - October 23rd, 2017
- Post-Harvey Update: Rockport’s Birds and Rockport's Art - October 22nd, 2017
- Too Many Performance Art Choices in Austin - October 20th, 2017
- UT’s Ransom Center Has a New Art Curator - October 19th, 2017
- Dancers do Degas - October 18th, 2017