This past week, the MacArthur Foundation announced its 2015 MacArthur Fellows. Although this round doesn’t seem to be quite as exciting for Texas as last year, we can say we knew one awardee before they were famous. LaToya Ruby Frazier, one of the twenty-four 2015 fellows, had an exhibition at the Contemporary Arts Museum Houston in 2013. Her works utilize “visual autobiographies to capture social inequality and historical change in the postindustrial age” (via MacArthur Foundation).
also by Brandon Zech
- Why this Year's Galveston Artist Residency Exhibition is Different - July 19th, 2017
- Andres Serrano at the Station Museum of Contemporary Art, Houston - June 23rd, 2017
- Michael Menchaca at BLUEorange - June 14th, 2017
- Garth Weiser at The Contemporary Austin - June 1st, 2017
- The Art of the Livestream - April 21st, 2017