This past week, the MacArthur Foundation announced its 2015 MacArthur Fellows. Although this round doesn’t seem to be quite as exciting for Texas as last year, we can say we knew one awardee before they were famous. LaToya Ruby Frazier, one of the twenty-four 2015 fellows, had an exhibition at the Contemporary Arts Museum Houston in 2013. Her works utilize “visual autobiographies to capture social inequality and historical change in the postindustrial age” (via MacArthur Foundation).
also by Brandon Zech
- Louise Hopkins Underwood, 1919-2017 - March 8th, 2017
- The Art World Goes a Day Without Women - March 8th, 2017
- Not Just Naked People: Experimental Action Performance Art Festival in Houston - February 27th, 2017
- Round-Up: Three Shows in San Antonio and Austin - February 3rd, 2017
- Some Inauguration Day Wisdom from Pussy Riot, from their recent Texas Visit - January 19th, 2017