This past week, the MacArthur Foundation announced its 2015 MacArthur Fellows. Although this round doesn’t seem to be quite as exciting for Texas as last year, we can say we knew one awardee before they were famous. LaToya Ruby Frazier, one of the twenty-four 2015 fellows, had an exhibition at the Contemporary Arts Museum Houston in 2013. Her works utilize “visual autobiographies to capture social inequality and historical change in the postindustrial age” (via MacArthur Foundation).
also by Brandon Zech
- Andrew Martin at Redbud Gallery, Houston - January 13th, 2017
- Capitalist Consumption: the Institute for New Feeling at Ballroom Marfa - December 30th, 2016
- Sophomore Slump: Day for Night in Houston - December 21st, 2016
- Miami Basel vs. Disney World: The Happiest Place on Earth? - December 10th, 2016
- The Problems and Rewards of Houston's Silos - November 4th, 2016