This coming weekend will be the fifth edition of the Texas Contemporary art fair at the George R. Brown Convention Center in Houston. This year’s iteration features a number of galleries from Mexico City, sparked by the fair’s partnership with The Mexican Consulate in Houston. The partnership, dubbed The Other Mexico, appears to be an ongoing program that aims to better connect the two cities. In contrast, however, there are far fewer galleries from Asia. We will soldier on.
Make sure you stop by and see us during opening night to pick up a pair of super cool Glasstire sunglasses. We will also be giving pedicab rides, so come say hello and let us give you a lift!
The fair kicks off with a preview party on Thursday, October 1st and is open Friday through Sunday. For more info and a full list of exhibitors, go here.
also by Glasstire
- Solange Knowles' Limited Edition Book Available at Marfa Book Company - May 25th, 2017
- Top Five: May 25, 2017 - May 25th, 2017
- Menil's 2017 Walter Hopps Award Goes to Reem Fadda - May 24th, 2017
- This and That: Menil Drawing Institute / Pompeii - May 23rd, 2017
- Two Large-Scale Ai Weiwei Sculptures Come to Austin this Summer - May 22nd, 2017