This coming weekend will be the fifth edition of the Texas Contemporary art fair at the George R. Brown Convention Center in Houston. This year’s iteration features a number of galleries from Mexico City, sparked by the fair’s partnership with The Mexican Consulate in Houston. The partnership, dubbed The Other Mexico, appears to be an ongoing program that aims to better connect the two cities. In contrast, however, there are far fewer galleries from Asia. We will soldier on.
Make sure you stop by and see us during opening night to pick up a pair of super cool Glasstire sunglasses. We will also be giving pedicab rides, so come say hello and let us give you a lift!
The fair kicks off with a preview party on Thursday, October 1st and is open Friday through Sunday. For more info and a full list of exhibitors, go here.
also by Glasstire
- #betterthansculpture is the Best Thing You'll See This Week - March 30th, 2017
- Top Five: March 30, 2017 - March 30th, 2017
- Houston’s New Arts + Cultural Plan Needs Artists' Input - March 29th, 2017
- Dallas Contemporary's Playboy Bunny is Outta Here - March 28th, 2017
- Who owns the better gimp mask? Nasher or DMA? - March 27th, 2017