This coming weekend will be the fifth edition of the Texas Contemporary art fair at the George R. Brown Convention Center in Houston. This year’s iteration features a number of galleries from Mexico City, sparked by the fair’s partnership with The Mexican Consulate in Houston. The partnership, dubbed The Other Mexico, appears to be an ongoing program that aims to better connect the two cities. In contrast, however, there are far fewer galleries from Asia. We will soldier on.
Make sure you stop by and see us during opening night to pick up a pair of super cool Glasstire sunglasses. We will also be giving pedicab rides, so come say hello and let us give you a lift!
The fair kicks off with a preview party on Thursday, October 1st and is open Friday through Sunday. For more info and a full list of exhibitors, go here.
also by Glasstire
- Trump Plans to (quickly) Kill the National Endowment for the Arts (and of course most other cultural programs) - January 19th, 2017
- Top Five: January 19, 2017 - January 19th, 2017
- A Whopper of an Artwork for Your Inauguration Day - January 18th, 2017
- FotoFest Announces 2018 Biennial Theme & More - January 16th, 2017
- Section of Berlin Wall at Rice University Defaced with Pro-Trump Graffiti - January 15th, 2017