This coming weekend will be the fifth edition of the Texas Contemporary art fair at the George R. Brown Convention Center in Houston. This year’s iteration features a number of galleries from Mexico City, sparked by the fair’s partnership with The Mexican Consulate in Houston. The partnership, dubbed The Other Mexico, appears to be an ongoing program that aims to better connect the two cities. In contrast, however, there are far fewer galleries from Asia. We will soldier on.
Make sure you stop by and see us during opening night to pick up a pair of super cool Glasstire sunglasses. We will also be giving pedicab rides, so come say hello and let us give you a lift!
The fair kicks off with a preview party on Thursday, October 1st and is open Friday through Sunday. For more info and a full list of exhibitors, go here.
also by Glasstire
- Sculpture Month Houston Returns to Houston's Grain Silos - October 16th, 2017
- Art Organizations: the FEMA Deadline is Approaching - October 15th, 2017
- Kusama is Coming to Marfa - October 14th, 2017
- Valton Tyler Documentary Screening in November - October 13th, 2017
- Conceptual Art or Gag Gift? You Decide! - October 12th, 2017