This Sunday is the 18th annual Austin Museum Day! More than forty museums will be free all day from 10am to 5pm with special tours and activities.
All the big museums are participating, but regular museum-goers might want to take the opportunity to visit some of the offbeat cultural institutions. There’s the Museum of the Texas Department of Public Safety (a police helicopter, drug dogs, and junior trooper badges for kids), the Texas Medical Association History of Medicine Gallery (only open this weekend), the Austin Rock and Roll Car Museum (hot rods and cool motorcycles), and the South Austin Popular Culture Center (Austin counter-culture ephemera).
also by Paula Newton
- UH College of the Arts Will Change Its Name After $20M Gift - January 19th, 2017
- Amy Poehler Buys Film Rights to Houston HS Teacher’s Book - January 18th, 2017
- Texas Medal of Arts Announces 2017 Honorees - January 17th, 2017
- Dessert Before Dinner: Houston Couple Pledges Entire Show to MFAH - January 16th, 2017
- Mixed Responses to Call for Artist Trump Protests - January 13th, 2017