This week’s column is a podcast of me urging you, Glasstire readers, to watch Bruce Conner’s 1966 experimental short film Breakaway.
I talk about why you should catch it now, what makes it such a watershed work, and how it changed the way we see the moving image.
Below is the podcast (appx. 8 min.), and below that is a link to Connor’s short. Hope you enjoy both.
Video: here (or cut and paste the following):
also by Christina Rees
- Buster Graybill at the Southwest School of Art - October 17th, 2017
- Misty Keasler's 'Haunt' at the Modern Art Museum of Fort Worth - September 26th, 2017
- Tom Sachs at the Nasher Sculpture Center - September 19th, 2017
- Ray Harryhausen's Singular Movie Magic - September 3rd, 2017
- Artists, Self-Sabotage, Integrity, and Selling Out - August 20th, 2017