This week’s column is a podcast of me urging you, Glasstire readers, to watch Bruce Conner’s 1966 experimental short film Breakaway.
I talk about why you should catch it now, what makes it such a watershed work, and how it changed the way we see the moving image.
Below is the podcast (appx. 8 min.), and below that is a link to Connor’s short. Hope you enjoy both.
Video: here (or cut and paste the following):
also by Christina Rees
- Glasstire and Negative Criticism in Texas - October 26th, 2016
- Expanded Drive By: Matthew Bourbon at Kirk Hopper Fine Art - September 28th, 2016
- Patrick Faulhaber And Why Painting Still Matters - September 20th, 2016
- Why We (Still) Love Frank Frazetta - September 4th, 2016
- Is The Dallas Fire Marshal Trying To Kill The Local Art Scene? - August 20th, 2016