This week’s column is a podcast of me urging you, Glasstire readers, to watch Bruce Conner’s 1966 experimental short film Breakaway.
I talk about why you should catch it now, what makes it such a watershed work, and how it changed the way we see the moving image.
Below is the podcast (appx. 8 min.), and below that is a link to Connor’s short. Hope you enjoy both.
Video: here (or cut and paste the following):
also by Christina Rees
- Richard Serra Prints at the Nasher Sculpture Center - March 22nd, 2017
- The Legend of Montie Ritchie versus the International Art Thieves - March 4th, 2017
- Ross Bleckner at the Dallas Contemporary - February 19th, 2017
- Bruce Conner’s 'CROSSROADS' in 2017 - January 29th, 2017
- Goodbye to 2016, or, Tripping Over Nostalgia - December 18th, 2016