This week’s column is a podcast of me urging you, Glasstire readers, to watch Bruce Conner’s 1966 experimental short film Breakaway.
I talk about why you should catch it now, what makes it such a watershed work, and how it changed the way we see the moving image.
Below is the podcast (appx. 8 min.), and below that is a link to Connor’s short. Hope you enjoy both.
Video: here (or cut and paste the following):
also by Christina Rees
- Bruno's Steel House - July 18th, 2017
- The Polaroid Project at the Amon Carter - July 11th, 2017
- Epilogue - June 27th, 2017
- Christina and Angela's Epic Road Trip: Some Highlights - June 20th, 2017
- Doug Aitken at the Modern Art Museum of Fort Worth - June 13th, 2017