Streets are blocked off and live music, food trucks, beer and more fill up the Dallas Arts District this Friday evening as the DMA, the Crow Collection, and the Nasher host Fall Block Party 2015. As of this writing, the weather looks like it will cooperate. This is a very popular event, people.
The museums participate not only by hosting but by staying open late for tours and special events. A bunch of live bands are playing out and about, and there will be no fewer than 15 food trucks, and Alamo Drafthouse is bringing the craft beer. No worries: There are Uber pick-up and drop-off points.
Also, there will be a sort of sneak peek for this year’s upcoming Aurora with a live performance by artist-musician Lily Taylor with projected video by Sean Miller. After dark the Nasher will screen 1995’s Empire Records.
It kicks off at 6 p.m and goes until midnight. For more info on the jam-packed evening, please go here.
also by Glasstire
- Trump Plans to (quickly) Kill the National Endowment for the Arts (and of course most other cultural programs) - January 19th, 2017
- Top Five: January 19, 2017 - January 19th, 2017
- A Whopper of an Artwork for Your Inauguration Day - January 18th, 2017
- FotoFest Announces 2018 Biennial Theme & More - January 16th, 2017
- Section of Berlin Wall at Rice University Defaced with Pro-Trump Graffiti - January 15th, 2017