Streets are blocked off and live music, food trucks, beer and more fill up the Dallas Arts District this Friday evening as the DMA, the Crow Collection, and the Nasher host Fall Block Party 2015. As of this writing, the weather looks like it will cooperate. This is a very popular event, people.
The museums participate not only by hosting but by staying open late for tours and special events. A bunch of live bands are playing out and about, and there will be no fewer than 15 food trucks, and Alamo Drafthouse is bringing the craft beer. No worries: There are Uber pick-up and drop-off points.
Also, there will be a sort of sneak peek for this year’s upcoming Aurora with a live performance by artist-musician Lily Taylor with projected video by Sean Miller. After dark the Nasher will screen 1995’s Empire Records.
It kicks off at 6 p.m and goes until midnight. For more info on the jam-packed evening, please go here.
also by Glasstire
- Art Dirt 5: Celebrities Doing Performance Art + Artists and Gentrification - May 28th, 2017
- No More Free Parking at the MFAH - May 28th, 2017
- This and That: Sol Lewitt at Rice Gallery / a Wall at UH - May 27th, 2017
- Chad Dawkins Hired as Director of Exhibitions at Southwest School of Art - May 27th, 2017
- 300 Years of American Prints Opens This Sunday at the DMA - May 26th, 2017