Streets are blocked off and live music, food trucks, beer and more fill up the Dallas Arts District this Friday evening as the DMA, the Crow Collection, and the Nasher host Fall Block Party 2015. As of this writing, the weather looks like it will cooperate. This is a very popular event, people.
The museums participate not only by hosting but by staying open late for tours and special events. A bunch of live bands are playing out and about, and there will be no fewer than 15 food trucks, and Alamo Drafthouse is bringing the craft beer. No worries: There are Uber pick-up and drop-off points.
Also, there will be a sort of sneak peek for this year’s upcoming Aurora with a live performance by artist-musician Lily Taylor with projected video by Sean Miller. After dark the Nasher will screen 1995’s Empire Records.
It kicks off at 6 p.m and goes until midnight. For more info on the jam-packed evening, please go here.
also by Glasstire
- DMA Appoints a New Contemporary Curator - October 20th, 2016
- Top Five: October 20, 2016 with Amada Miller - October 20th, 2016
- Pace Foundation Appoints New Director - October 18th, 2016
- Applications Now Open for the 2016 Moss/Chumley North Texas Artist Award - October 17th, 2016
- Open Call for Dallas Arts District Foundation Grants - October 15th, 2016