Streets are blocked off and live music, food trucks, beer and more fill up the Dallas Arts District this Friday evening as the DMA, the Crow Collection, and the Nasher host Fall Block Party 2015. As of this writing, the weather looks like it will cooperate. This is a very popular event, people.
The museums participate not only by hosting but by staying open late for tours and special events. A bunch of live bands are playing out and about, and there will be no fewer than 15 food trucks, and Alamo Drafthouse is bringing the craft beer. No worries: There are Uber pick-up and drop-off points.
Also, there will be a sort of sneak peek for this year’s upcoming Aurora with a live performance by artist-musician Lily Taylor with projected video by Sean Miller. After dark the Nasher will screen 1995’s Empire Records.
It kicks off at 6 p.m and goes until midnight. For more info on the jam-packed evening, please go here.
also by Glasstire
- Awesome website: Typeset in the Future - July 25th, 2017
- Guerrilla Girls Coming to Talk at the DMA in August - July 25th, 2017
- Get a Free Ticket to Make Art at Burning Man! - July 24th, 2017
- Art Dirt 8: Sex Robots, Scaramucci's Mark Twain Tweet, When Artists' Ideas Are Stolen - July 23rd, 2017
- Discovery Green & Houston First Commission work by Dallas Collective - July 23rd, 2017