Blaffer Art Museum has announced a collaboration with the University of Houston’s Industrial Design Department to create Blaffer Art + Design. This partnership has been through a few iterations before, but this time, the project includes a store within the museum featuring limited edition objects created by UH students.
This announcement by Blaffer, of course, comes in the wake of the Texas Design Now show at CAMH. It seems that affordable designs are all the rage, as CAMH sells pieces (from Design Now) in its gift shop as well.
At Blaffer, one design is already sold out, so go get them while they last. If you stop by today, you can also see the final day of the museum’s two summer exhibitions, Teresa Hubbard and Alexander Birchler: Sound Speed Marker and Henning Bohl with Sergei Tcherepnin: Early Awnings.
also by Glasstire
- Awesome website: Typeset in the Future - July 25th, 2017
- Guerrilla Girls Coming to Talk at the DMA in August - July 25th, 2017
- Get a Free Ticket to Make Art at Burning Man! - July 24th, 2017
- Art Dirt 8: Sex Robots, Scaramucci's Mark Twain Tweet, When Artists' Ideas Are Stolen - July 23rd, 2017
- Discovery Green & Houston First Commission work by Dallas Collective - July 23rd, 2017