Blaffer Art Museum has announced a collaboration with the University of Houston’s Industrial Design Department to create Blaffer Art + Design. This partnership has been through a few iterations before, but this time, the project includes a store within the museum featuring limited edition objects created by UH students.
This announcement by Blaffer, of course, comes in the wake of the Texas Design Now show at CAMH. It seems that affordable designs are all the rage, as CAMH sells pieces (from Design Now) in its gift shop as well.
At Blaffer, one design is already sold out, so go get them while they last. If you stop by today, you can also see the final day of the museum’s two summer exhibitions, Teresa Hubbard and Alexander Birchler: Sound Speed Marker and Henning Bohl with Sergei Tcherepnin: Early Awnings.
also by Glasstire
- Fearless Girl Statue to Remain on View Through 2018 - March 27th, 2017
- Cowboy Paintings Sell for Over $450K at Houston Rodeo - March 26th, 2017
- Art Dirt 2: Controversy Over a Painting of Emmett Till in the Whitney Biennial - March 25th, 2017
- Houston: the Bayou City Art Festival is Back - March 25th, 2017
- $370K! Houston Announces its 2017 Artist Grant Recipients - March 24th, 2017