Blaffer Art Museum has announced a collaboration with the University of Houston’s Industrial Design Department to create Blaffer Art + Design. This partnership has been through a few iterations before, but this time, the project includes a store within the museum featuring limited edition objects created by UH students.
This announcement by Blaffer, of course, comes in the wake of the Texas Design Now show at CAMH. It seems that affordable designs are all the rage, as CAMH sells pieces (from Design Now) in its gift shop as well.
At Blaffer, one design is already sold out, so go get them while they last. If you stop by today, you can also see the final day of the museum’s two summer exhibitions, Teresa Hubbard and Alexander Birchler: Sound Speed Marker and Henning Bohl with Sergei Tcherepnin: Early Awnings.
also by Glasstire
- Art Dirt 5: Celebrities Doing Performance Art + Artists and Gentrification - May 28th, 2017
- No More Free Parking at the MFAH - May 28th, 2017
- This and That: Sol Lewitt at Rice Gallery / a Wall at UH - May 27th, 2017
- Chad Dawkins Hired as Director of Exhibitions at Southwest School of Art - May 27th, 2017
- 300 Years of American Prints Opens This Sunday at the DMA - May 26th, 2017