Here, dear readers, is a live feed of the demolition of the loved and hated Glassell School of Art building in Houston. Architect Seth Irvin Morris’ 1979 glass-brick behemoth is being torn down to make way for a new school building and expanded MFAH campus by, primarily, architect Steven Holl.
also by Glasstire
- Art Dirt 5: Celebrities Doing Performance Art + Artists and Gentrification - May 28th, 2017
- No More Free Parking at the MFAH - May 28th, 2017
- This and That: Sol Lewitt at Rice Gallery / a Wall at UH - May 27th, 2017
- Chad Dawkins Hired as Director of Exhibitions at Southwest School of Art - May 27th, 2017
- 300 Years of American Prints Opens This Sunday at the DMA - May 26th, 2017