Here, dear readers, is a live feed of the demolition of the loved and hated Glassell School of Art building in Houston. Architect Seth Irvin Morris’ 1979 glass-brick behemoth is being torn down to make way for a new school building and expanded MFAH campus by, primarily, architect Steven Holl.
also by Glasstire
- This and That: Oldenburg / Davenport - October 17th, 2017
- Sculpture Month Houston Returns to Houston's Grain Silos - October 16th, 2017
- Art Organizations: the FEMA Deadline is Approaching - October 15th, 2017
- Kusama is Coming to Marfa - October 14th, 2017
- Valton Tyler Documentary Screening in November - October 13th, 2017