Fall is upon us, and here’s a curated show of fashion you can see as you shop. This week an exhibition opened at NorthPark Center in Dallas (a Nasher deal): Art Meets Fashion: 1965 – 2015. Curator and professor Myra Walker is also the director of the acclaimed Texas Fashion Collection at the University of North Texas, and she’s put together an all-star show of 29 iconic looks from the past 50 years, including those by Pierre Cardin, Todd Oldham, Christian LaCroix, and Halston. The collection also features pieces (via NorthPark) “by current designers from the 2007 Neiman Marcus show Future Fashion.”
The show is on in the ground-floor section between Neiman Marcus and Nordstrom (of course!). It’s up through October 25. Obviously free and open to the public.
also by Glasstire
- This and That: Sol Lewitt at Rice Gallery / a Wall at UH - May 27th, 2017
- Chad Dawkins Hired as Director of Exhibitions at Southwest School of Art - May 27th, 2017
- 300 Years of American Prints Opens This Sunday at the DMA - May 26th, 2017
- Solange Knowles' Limited Edition Book Available at Marfa Book Company - May 25th, 2017
- Top Five: May 25, 2017 - May 25th, 2017