Fall is upon us, and here’s a curated show of fashion you can see as you shop. This week an exhibition opened at NorthPark Center in Dallas (a Nasher deal): Art Meets Fashion: 1965 – 2015. Curator and professor Myra Walker is also the director of the acclaimed Texas Fashion Collection at the University of North Texas, and she’s put together an all-star show of 29 iconic looks from the past 50 years, including those by Pierre Cardin, Todd Oldham, Christian LaCroix, and Halston. The collection also features pieces (via NorthPark) “by current designers from the 2007 Neiman Marcus show Future Fashion.”
The show is on in the ground-floor section between Neiman Marcus and Nordstrom (of course!). It’s up through October 25. Obviously free and open to the public.
also by Glasstire
- Cowboy Paintings Sell for Over $450K at Houston Rodeo - March 26th, 2017
- Art Dirt 2: Controversy Over a Painting of Emmett Till in the Whitney Biennial - March 25th, 2017
- Houston: the Bayou City Art Festival is Back - March 25th, 2017
- $370K! Houston Announces its 2017 Artist Grant Recipients - March 24th, 2017
- Affordable Housing for Artists in Dallas Arts District Gets a YES - March 23rd, 2017