Fall is upon us, and here’s a curated show of fashion you can see as you shop. This week an exhibition opened at NorthPark Center in Dallas (a Nasher deal): Art Meets Fashion: 1965 – 2015. Curator and professor Myra Walker is also the director of the acclaimed Texas Fashion Collection at the University of North Texas, and she’s put together an all-star show of 29 iconic looks from the past 50 years, including those by Pierre Cardin, Todd Oldham, Christian LaCroix, and Halston. The collection also features pieces (via NorthPark) “by current designers from the 2007 Neiman Marcus show Future Fashion.”
The show is on in the ground-floor section between Neiman Marcus and Nordstrom (of course!). It’s up through October 25. Obviously free and open to the public.
also by Glasstire
- The DMA Didn't Buy a da Vinci Painting. Now, You Can (for $100+ Million). - October 23rd, 2017
- Rockport Center for the Arts Announces 11th Annual Rockport Film Festival - October 21st, 2017
- Houston's Zoya Tommy Gallery to Close - October 21st, 2017
- A Residency for Artists Affected by This Year's Hurricanes - October 21st, 2017
- Voertman's Bookstore Owner Gifts $10 Million to UNT Arts - October 20th, 2017