Houston’s DiverseWorks has announced its “Fall 2015 Diverse Discourse Lecture and Studio Visit Series.” On September 23, DiverseWorks’ new Executive Director and Chief Curator Xandra Eden will speak about her past curatorial projects and vision for DiverseWorks’ future programming. On October 14, Chris Sharp, Mexico City-based writer, critic, independent curator, and editor-at-large of Kaleidoscope magazine, will speak.
Hey Houston area artists waiting to be discovered while you slave away in your lonely studio: It doesn’t work that way! Get out and meet these curators. Find out what they’re thinking about. Introduce yourselves and let them know who you are. And, if you fill out the DiverseWorks application by September 18, one of them may come knocking at your door for a studio visit.
So, keep up the good work, but don’t forget to get out once in a while!
also by Paula Newton
- Study Reveals That Museums Show More Contemporary Art Than Ever - March 30th, 2017
- Houston Artists: Learn How to Get Money, or Put Your 2¢ In - March 29th, 2017
- Outsider Artsmarter Working From the Inside - March 28th, 2017
- Finally! News for Cats - March 27th, 2017
- Social Practice Artist Corrina Mehiel Found Stabbed to Death in DC - March 24th, 2017