Mark Cuban, the Dallas Mavericks owner and “shark” investor on the TV show Shark Tank, is now an artist, reports a recent Forbes article. Although Forbes estimates that Cuban is worth $3 billion, he has been making personalized cat drawings and selling them for $1,000 each.
On Shark Tank, Cuban invested in “I Want To Draw a Cat For You!” (it’s exactly what it sounds like) and was later asked what became of became of the project while on the podcast “The Lowe Post.” Cuban describes his evolution as an artist:
Cuban: What made it even more fun for me is he had some that wanted the cat drawn by me. And I’m like “OK, I’m going to price it $1,000 so everybody says ‘no.’ Literally, people said ‘yes’.”
Lowe: Can you draw?
Cuban: No I can’t draw worth crap! But for $1,000 I’ll draw a cat.
Lowe: So there are Mark Cuban cat drawings probably on people’s walls somewhere.
Cuban: There’s like 10 of them out there. So literally I’ve made ten-grand drawing cats for people.
Upper image via Dallas Morning News. Lower image via Forbes.
also by Paula Newton
- N.O.’s Prospect 4 Announces Artists, Including Texans - May 25th, 2017
- Trump’s Proposed Budget to Kill National Endowments for the Arts and Humanities - May 24th, 2017
- Austin Art: People Have the Power - May 23rd, 2017
- Performance Artist Solange Does the Guggenheim - May 22nd, 2017
- Art League Houston Names New Director - May 19th, 2017