South Plains College in Lubbock just hired Chris Adams, a Texas Tech University alumnus, as their new Foundations Instructor. During his “post-graduation ride,” Adams has lived and worked with junior high school students in Odessa, taught as an adjunct professor for Sanford-Brown College in San Antonio, and expanded and revitalized his artistic practice through experimentation with photography.
In his new position at SPC, Adams will be teaching basic design, drawing, and art appreciation. He is especially excited about working with non-art students in his appreciation classes: “It’s my sincere hope, however, to convert some of the non-believers to the cause! I plan on having a very good time and making sure everyone is enjoying the ride.” That’s the spirit, Chris!
Adams’ quotes via The Bowerbird
also by Brandon Zech
- Why this Year's Galveston Artist Residency Exhibition is Different - July 19th, 2017
- Andres Serrano at the Station Museum of Contemporary Art, Houston - June 23rd, 2017
- Michael Menchaca at BLUEorange - June 14th, 2017
- Garth Weiser at The Contemporary Austin - June 1st, 2017
- The Art of the Livestream - April 21st, 2017