South Plains College in Lubbock just hired Chris Adams, a Texas Tech University alumnus, as their new Foundations Instructor. During his “post-graduation ride,” Adams has lived and worked with junior high school students in Odessa, taught as an adjunct professor for Sanford-Brown College in San Antonio, and expanded and revitalized his artistic practice through experimentation with photography.
In his new position at SPC, Adams will be teaching basic design, drawing, and art appreciation. He is especially excited about working with non-art students in his appreciation classes: “It’s my sincere hope, however, to convert some of the non-believers to the cause! I plan on having a very good time and making sure everyone is enjoying the ride.” That’s the spirit, Chris!
Adams’ quotes via The Bowerbird
also by Brandon Zech
- The Art of the Livestream - April 21st, 2017
- Four Killer Zines You Should Check Out - April 10th, 2017
- Louise Hopkins Underwood, 1919-2017 - March 8th, 2017
- The Art World Goes a Day Without Women - March 8th, 2017
- Not Just Naked People: Experimental Action Performance Art Festival in Houston - February 27th, 2017