This weekend is your LAST CHANCE to see (or more accurately, hear) the Takis show at the Menil Collection. This exhibition is the first museum survey for Takis, an artist that Duchamp described as “the happy ploughman of magnetic field.” Incorporating potential and kinetic energy into his works, Takis creates the “fourth dimension” that is stated in the show’s title. This exhibition has been on view since January 24th and we reviewed it here. Similarly, both Houston Press and the Chronicle took a look at it.
Go give it some love before it’s gone!
also by Brandon Zech
- Louise Hopkins Underwood, 1919-2017 - March 8th, 2017
- The Art World Goes a Day Without Women - March 8th, 2017
- Not Just Naked People: Experimental Action Performance Art Festival in Houston - February 27th, 2017
- Round-Up: Three Shows in San Antonio and Austin - February 3rd, 2017
- Some Inauguration Day Wisdom from Pussy Riot, from their recent Texas Visit - January 19th, 2017