This weekend is your LAST CHANCE to see (or more accurately, hear) the Takis show at the Menil Collection. This exhibition is the first museum survey for Takis, an artist that Duchamp described as “the happy ploughman of magnetic field.” Incorporating potential and kinetic energy into his works, Takis creates the “fourth dimension” that is stated in the show’s title. This exhibition has been on view since January 24th and we reviewed it here. Similarly, both Houston Press and the Chronicle took a look at it.
Go give it some love before it’s gone!
also by Brandon Zech
- Why this Year's Galveston Artist Residency Exhibition is Different - July 19th, 2017
- Andres Serrano at the Station Museum of Contemporary Art, Houston - June 23rd, 2017
- Michael Menchaca at BLUEorange - June 14th, 2017
- Garth Weiser at The Contemporary Austin - June 1st, 2017
- The Art of the Livestream - April 21st, 2017