This weekend is your LAST CHANCE to see (or more accurately, hear) the Takis show at the Menil Collection. This exhibition is the first museum survey for Takis, an artist that Duchamp described as “the happy ploughman of magnetic field.” Incorporating potential and kinetic energy into his works, Takis creates the “fourth dimension” that is stated in the show’s title. This exhibition has been on view since January 24th and we reviewed it here. Similarly, both Houston Press and the Chronicle took a look at it.
Go give it some love before it’s gone!
also by Brandon Zech
- Some Inauguration Day Wisdom from Pussy Riot, from their recent Texas Visit - January 19th, 2017
- Andrew Martin at Redbud Gallery, Houston - January 13th, 2017
- Capitalist Consumption: the Institute for New Feeling at Ballroom Marfa - December 30th, 2016
- Sophomore Slump: Day for Night in Houston - December 21st, 2016
- Miami Basel vs. Disney World: The Happiest Place on Earth? - December 10th, 2016