The annual juried Winter Holiday Art Market in Houston, hosted by Fresh Arts, brings in real cash for exhibiting artists (average haul: $1561; a third of the artists make more than $2000). It’s a three-day “exhibition, sale, and art festival” held at Winter Street Studios and takes place in late November. Deadline for submission is August 23rd, and there’s no fee to submit.
Via Fresh Arts: “WHAM is a juried market featuring 60 local artists representing a wide variety of arts and crafts, including paintings, prints, sculpture, photography, jewelry, clothing and fabric arts, soaps, and other hand-crafted items.” In other words, it is pretty craft-y, but there’s some ART-art on hand as well. The jurors have not been announced, but for all the info you need on how to submit, please go here.
also by Glasstire
- Get a Free Ticket to Make Art at Burning Man! - July 24th, 2017
- Art Dirt 8: Sex Robots, Scaramucci's Mark Twain Tweet, When Artists' Ideas Are Stolen - July 23rd, 2017
- Discovery Green & Houston First Commission work by Dallas Collective - July 23rd, 2017
- Installation Art Gone Wrong: Creepy Realtor Headshot Edition - July 22nd, 2017
- City of Houston Wants Artists for its New Residency - July 21st, 2017