The annual juried Winter Holiday Art Market in Houston, hosted by Fresh Arts, brings in real cash for exhibiting artists (average haul: $1561; a third of the artists make more than $2000). It’s a three-day “exhibition, sale, and art festival” held at Winter Street Studios and takes place in late November. Deadline for submission is August 23rd, and there’s no fee to submit.
Via Fresh Arts: “WHAM is a juried market featuring 60 local artists representing a wide variety of arts and crafts, including paintings, prints, sculpture, photography, jewelry, clothing and fabric arts, soaps, and other hand-crafted items.” In other words, it is pretty craft-y, but there’s some ART-art on hand as well. The jurors have not been announced, but for all the info you need on how to submit, please go here.
also by Glasstire
- Today, January 21: a Concert in Houston & Butt Prints in San Antonio - January 21st, 2017
- Trump Plans to (quickly) Kill the National Endowment for the Arts (and of course most other cultural programs) - January 19th, 2017
- Top Five: January 19, 2017 - January 19th, 2017
- A Whopper of an Artwork for Your Inauguration Day - January 18th, 2017
- FotoFest Announces 2018 Biennial Theme & More - January 16th, 2017