The annual juried Winter Holiday Art Market in Houston, hosted by Fresh Arts, brings in real cash for exhibiting artists (average haul: $1561; a third of the artists make more than $2000). It’s a three-day “exhibition, sale, and art festival” held at Winter Street Studios and takes place in late November. Deadline for submission is August 23rd, and there’s no fee to submit.
Via Fresh Arts: “WHAM is a juried market featuring 60 local artists representing a wide variety of arts and crafts, including paintings, prints, sculpture, photography, jewelry, clothing and fabric arts, soaps, and other hand-crafted items.” In other words, it is pretty craft-y, but there’s some ART-art on hand as well. The jurors have not been announced, but for all the info you need on how to submit, please go here.
also by Glasstire
- Donald Trump's Renior Painting is a Fake - October 19th, 2017
- Top Five: October 19, 2017 - October 19th, 2017
- Houston Cinema Arts Festival Returns Next Month with Houston-Centric Programming - October 17th, 2017
- This and That: Oldenburg / Davenport - October 17th, 2017
- Sculpture Month Houston Returns to Houston's Grain Silos - October 16th, 2017