The annual juried Winter Holiday Art Market in Houston, hosted by Fresh Arts, brings in real cash for exhibiting artists (average haul: $1561; a third of the artists make more than $2000). It’s a three-day “exhibition, sale, and art festival” held at Winter Street Studios and takes place in late November. Deadline for submission is August 23rd, and there’s no fee to submit.
Via Fresh Arts: “WHAM is a juried market featuring 60 local artists representing a wide variety of arts and crafts, including paintings, prints, sculpture, photography, jewelry, clothing and fabric arts, soaps, and other hand-crafted items.” In other words, it is pretty craft-y, but there’s some ART-art on hand as well. The jurors have not been announced, but for all the info you need on how to submit, please go here.
also by Glasstire
- Top Five: May 25, 2017 - May 25th, 2017
- Menil's 2017 Walter Hopps Award Goes to Reem Fadda - May 24th, 2017
- This and That: Menil Drawing Institute / Pompeii - May 23rd, 2017
- Two Large-Scale Ai Weiwei Sculptures Come to Austin this Summer - May 22nd, 2017
- Here's Nasher's Summer Series Line-Up - May 21st, 2017