The 23rd annual SXSW Interactive Festival, an “incubator of cutting-edge technologies and digital creativity,” will return to Austin from March 11-15. For 2016, the Interactive Festival’s Hugh Forrest has specifically expressed that they would “love to get more cool/fun/interesting art-related proposals into the mix.”
The SXSW PanelPicker (where you can also cast your vote for others’ panel ideas) proposal entry process is open through Friday, July 24. If you’re unsure of how to do all this, SXSW has helpfully posted “Tips For SXSW PanelPicker Failure.” Remember: that’s how NOT to be selected.
So think of you your craziest, trendiest ideas, put together a panel of totally weird, yet diverse folks to speak to the topic, and get it in by July 24!
also by Paula Newton
- Social Practice Artist Corrina Mehiel Found Stabbed to Death in DC - March 24th, 2017
- Trump’s “Border Wall” Shines Spotlight on EP Women’s Filmmaker Collective - March 23rd, 2017
- Another Artist Town Hall Meeting in Houston: Time to Get Political - March 22nd, 2017
- Trisha Brown (1936-2017) - March 21st, 2017
- Artist Appropriates Trump Slogan for “Painfully Powerful Statement” - March 17th, 2017