Holly Johnson Gallery in Dallas has of course employed interns since it opened in 2005, and they were and are most often photography BFAs at the University of North Texas and other schools in the region. Evidently, some of them are quite talented.
As part of its ongoing celebration of ten years in Dallas, on June 27 the gallery opens My Favorite Intern, an exhibition that showcases the work of more than 20 of these interns. Here’s the list of artists:
Julianne Rose Aguilar, Eva Aldridge, Megan Armstrong, Shoragim Amir, Robert Collier Beam, Kasumi Chow, Roxanne Cottongame, Rachel Cox, Sara Deal, Megan DeSoto, Brandon Dupre, Desiree Michelle Espada, Ðan Lam, Dannie Liebergot, Jonathan Molina-Garcia, Gibson Rēgester, Natalie Sales, Mallory Stika, Macy Villars, Travis Williams, Mary Kathryn Wimberly and Trey Wright.
The show runs through August 15. For more info, go here.
also by Christina Rees
- Goodbye to 2016, or, Tripping Over Nostalgia - December 18th, 2016
- Last Week: Los Angeles vs. New York - December 4th, 2016
- (The New World Order and) Heyd Fontenot at Conduit Gallery, Dallas - November 13th, 2016
- Glasstire and Negative Criticism in Texas - October 26th, 2016
- Expanded Drive By: Matthew Bourbon at Kirk Hopper Fine Art - September 28th, 2016