Holly Johnson Gallery in Dallas has of course employed interns since it opened in 2005, and they were and are most often photography BFAs at the University of North Texas and other schools in the region. Evidently, some of them are quite talented.
As part of its ongoing celebration of ten years in Dallas, on June 27 the gallery opens My Favorite Intern, an exhibition that showcases the work of more than 20 of these interns. Here’s the list of artists:
Julianne Rose Aguilar, Eva Aldridge, Megan Armstrong, Shoragim Amir, Robert Collier Beam, Kasumi Chow, Roxanne Cottongame, Rachel Cox, Sara Deal, Megan DeSoto, Brandon Dupre, Desiree Michelle Espada, Ðan Lam, Dannie Liebergot, Jonathan Molina-Garcia, Gibson Rēgester, Natalie Sales, Mallory Stika, Macy Villars, Travis Williams, Mary Kathryn Wimberly and Trey Wright.
The show runs through August 15. For more info, go here.
also by Christina Rees
- Expanded Drive By: Matthew Bourbon at Kirk Hopper Fine Art - September 28th, 2016
- Patrick Faulhaber And Why Painting Still Matters - September 20th, 2016
- Why We (Still) Love Frank Frazetta - September 4th, 2016
- Is The Dallas Fire Marshal Trying To Kill The Local Art Scene? - August 20th, 2016
- VIDEO: Norman Lewis' Procession - August 7th, 2016